Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 1998 ZR 600 EFI that i just put a D&D pipe and chip on tht is clutched and i am wonderin wht i can beat now with the pipe and chip that i couldnt beat without the pipe just want to know incase i race some people. wht u guys think?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congratulations, you now could beat any Fan-Cooled sled........

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just wanted to see what people like you were gonna say, lol...... and it probably can keep up with newer models of the same model.....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well i say if you want a fast sled then buy a fast sled. why buy a 600cc and then put a bunch of money into it? you could have just payed more and got a bigger sled instead of dumping money into that one. if a sled runs good it just runs good. i had a stock 700 that would bet newer 800 stock and some that where mildly modifed. ya just never know till ya line em up. plus how well you can hook up plays a good part in things. :div20:

:linemup: :celebrating: :m2c:

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got this sled last year and spent all my money on it so i couldnt really get anything beter i like my sled to and got the pipe for a gift. so didnt really spend money on it. yep hookup does play a good part last year i raced my bro with his 98 powder special with a pipe and studs and when igot hook up (it was on ice) i was right there beside him on my completly stock ZR.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If its any conselation, my 98 600 can run right with my friend 06 rev 500 ss up to about 75mph, and its bone stock right to the helix- not 2 bad for a 9 year old sled, After that he flys by me but still fun for short runs anyway.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
i got a 1998 ZR 600 EFI that i just put a D&D pipe and chip on tht is clutched and i am wonderin wht i can beat now with the pipe and chip that i couldnt beat without the pipe just want to know incase i race some people. wht u guys think?[/b]
I wouldn't go looking for any races! A 600 HO rev should dust ya!

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Make sure you get some coloured hood vents. I hear these will give you another 2-5 MPH. I love cats but those 98 600's were dogs and you can't teach an old dog dog new tricks. To answer your question...most fan cooled sleds. PS: Don't race any 500 cats from the same era, they will spank you.

Insure it. Write it off. Get money. Buy something fast.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well I have a 98 cougar 550 which is seemingly stock. I put a length and a half on a 99 or so mxz 700. i am also quicker than a 97 zrt 600 and an 05 saber cat 500. Just go out and race, if you win you win, if you lose you lose. No big deal.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts