Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i dont know what to get. I know im posting on a firecat board but. I think i like the zr because it doesnt seem like its goign to flip over on you ass when you give it gas. What should i get f5 or zr 600 efi, zr 600 efi ESR, or lol zr 600 EFI SS. Please tell me the pros and cons thanks guys i trust your judgement

·
Registered
960 Posts
i was in the same situation at the beginning of the year. I am glad i chose the f-5 id be pissed if i bought a zr 600. Although the zr 600 is more reliable i would still take the f5 over it any day. go with the firecat they are changing snowmobiling as we know it lol :lol:

·
Administrator
21,248 Posts
Heck, be a trend-setter and call your local dealer up and ask about the new F6!! :D

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by holeshot f-5@Jan 14 2003, 04:52 PM
Although the zr 600 is more reliable i would still take the f5 over it any day.
:rolleyes: Why isn't the F5 as reliable?

·
Registered
109 Posts
i love my F7 sno pro and wouldnt trade it for any other sled.......but if u dont want at 700 i would definently recommend the F6..........the zr is a great sled( i used to have one) but there a thing of the past. I would go for with the best......GET A FIRECAT

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You could be the first one out there on the trails with the new f6. I got the f7, its fun and fast. Ive never riden a sled so light. It jumps great.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My previous sled was a 00 ZR440 Sno Pro; in my opinion, it was the Shizntitz. I wanted nothing to do with the non-wide running board ZR's like my buds old 00 Morgan 600 special. I hated that chassis with its low handlebars and SLIPPERY running board edges. My ZR440 was all I wanted and needed. It had the raised footrests (unlike the ZRs) for planting my feet. I was hardcore Sno Pro chassis. Then the Firecat showed up. Holy crap, it had ALL the things the ZR didn't have that my 00 Sno Pro had. And it had soooo much more, serious power, lightweight chassis, WAY better jumping ability and feel. Now that I've had my F7 for about 400 miles, THERE AIN'T NO LOOKIN' BACK BABY...The F7 is IT!!!!!!!!!

Pic of my 00 ZR440 Sno Pro F7 Wannabe

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp+Jan 14 2003, 05:55 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-holeshot f-5
@Jan 14 2003, 04:52 PM
Although the zr 600 is more reliable i would still take the f5 over it any day.
:rolleyes: Why isn't the F5 as reliable?[/b]
If you buy a Firecat now you would'nt have any problems,
they are solwed!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have 1000 miles on my f5. by far the best trail sled i have ever ridden. after about 300 miles you will ask yourself,how did i ride those big bulky sleds. the first thing i notice when i switch sleds with someone is how awkward and big the tunnel is.go with the firecat,you won't be disapointed!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ride a firexcat for 100 or so miles and you will be hooked, lighter more nimble feeling
narrow tunnel is easier to move around on, i have more confidence on this sled than any other sled i've had
even after 5,000 plus miles on zr 800's

·
Registered
696 Posts
I don't think you'll get the cornering ability of a ZR on the Firecat. If you want an SS, it's probably the smoothest rear skid around. If you sit on the seat and work the gas and breaks, the f5 is not your sled...you won't enjoy it as a cruising machine.
If you like hard acceleration, and a very light sled all together, get the F5. With less than 200 miles on my Firecat, I can already say moving from my ZR was a great move. (although the F6 EFI thing pisses me off...that's what I wanted all along) I think the FCat is more fun to ride because you can handle it so well. I don't really like the hard cornering right now, but everything else is awesome. (still waiting for more snow to try the cornering adjustments)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Jan 15 2003, 10:00 AM
I rode a ZL800 SS last year and it bottomed out way too much for me, (I'm 185lb).
The springs in 02 ZLSS's were too light. I think Cat replaced them for folks...I know the 03 SS's got the heavier springs...Marc

·
Registered
960 Posts
well red not a big differencein reliability, but firecats are brand new so yes they have a few minor problems wich makes them not as reliable. but if ur sled is going to have problems you will know right off the bat. the only thing that happened to me was my pipe temp sensor fell out, i needed the pull cord fix, and i needed to cut my snowflap. but besides this its unbeleivable and AC has been making zr's for years so they have worked out all the problems. so over all the zr's are more reliable because they have been in production for a lot longer than the firecats but reliability isnt a problem on most cats :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts