Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Nope. Basically the same HP
They got rid of the slotted pistons, repositioned the injectors to shoot directly into transfer ports, revised the cylinders and head. Better emissions I guess .....

Reactions: SShooterZ

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Basically the same HP
They got rid of the slotted pistons, repositioned the injectors to shoot directly into transfer ports, revised the cylinders and head. Better emissions I guess .....
Thats some big changes, I heard they were claiming more hp and they were not living up to the numbers but that was before they came out.Some thought they were getting 850 power.

·
Registered
20,361 Posts
Thats some big changes, I heard they were claiming more hp and they were not living up to the numbers but that was before they came out.Some thought they were getting 850 power.
Cat never claimed substantial HP increases. The internet claimed their was HP increases because someone’s uncle’s brother’s step mom works at cat said their was. The new version of the 800 does make more power than the older one but not enough to make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cat never claimed substantial HP increases. The internet claimed their was HP increases because someone’s uncle’s brother’s step mom works at cat said their was. The new version of the 800 does make more power than the older one but not enough to make a huge difference.
Kinda what i heard, some said they were going to sue,or not take the sleds .

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Kinda what i heard, some said they were going to sue,or not take the sleds .
Well, they could try to sue....... but Cat never once claimed an increase in HP from the revisions....before the release of the revised motor or after. Cat simple claimed "160-hp class" power.......

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Ive seen 19s vs 20s race and actually the 20 got him out of the hole and held it for quite a ways before the 20 barely crept by

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,198 Posts
20+ makes like 15 more hp in the mid range and makes peak power few hundred rpm lower but peak power is the same. The improved mid range power is VERY noticeable if you trade off and ride the 1st gen ctec

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Would be nice but i doubt it. If anything a reworked chassis. Then maybe the following year a little more cc

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I really cant believe a 15hp midrange diff. Maybe on a certain optimistic dyno. The video i saw of a 19 vs A 20. Does not show even remotely close to 15hp diff in the mid

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,221 Posts
A well broke in 800 makes 155-157hp from what I have seen. An 850 makes 162-167. I am not sure the midrange is either a 15hp difference on the new 800, but however, the new motor runs with an 850 until the top end (100mph), where that extra CC from an 850 come into play. Cat only said it was 160 class hp, which I believe it is... Its way more responsive midrange than the old Suzuki 800 and cleaner burning then the 2018 and 2019 800.

On another note... IMO, the only reason why you are seeing the 850's from DOO and now Polaris was a complete marketing stunt as they just could not get any more hp from their new motor configurations. I doubt you will see much higher CC (like a 1000 or 900) as its very hard to contain the heat and allow for them to program for emissions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I really cant believe a 15hp midrange diff. Maybe on a certain optimistic dyno. The video i saw of a 19 vs A 20. Does not show even remotely close to 15hp diff in the mid
could it be he meant the difference between the Zook and the gen 1 C-TEC2?

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,198 Posts
Dyno Tec ran the 18,19,20 at 7750 the gen 2 c tec is making 14-15 more hp, peak power is down at 7900 vs around 8250 on the gen...... go long onto dynotec and see for yourself

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Our 19 has lots of torque com paired to my old Suzuki’s and seems to pull the 850 Doo’s with ease haven’t tried a Poo yet but it will happen I’m sure. When we run our 18 High Country it will leave the 19 from the get go no problem but then the 19 RR takes over and runs on it big time. So to me you can set them up what ever way you want. Just gear it for the hole shot or you can go the other way and give it more top end. The 850’s are handful but in the right hands set up the C tech 800’s can run with the big boys no problem. Real good on fuel and oil and so far very dependable. So we are happy. Have 6000 Km’s on the 18 and 5500 km’s on the 19 with nothing but gas and go.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Keep in mind the 19+ have involute drivers and it loses some weight from the driveshaft. Which probably helps top end

1 - 20 of 21 Posts