Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
3,356 Posts
I'm waiting on a 850 2" Assault! Got a bunch of goodies for it already. Sold my Axys assault, and have the 21 XC 650 for my trail sled!

·
Registered
44 Posts
22 850 assault 146, 1.6 cobra. Would like to hear some experienced opinions on clutch kits ( who’s) From my opinion it looks stock clutching is pretty good though. From Dyno videos I’ve seen it appears the stock clutching is over revving some ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
22 850 Matrix RMK Khaos Slash 146 2”, low elevation kit. All black, front bumper, skid plate, electric start, and a huge smile when it arrives!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
22 850 Matrix RMK Khaos Slash 146 2”, low elevation kit. All black, front bumper, skid plate, electric start, and a huge smile when it arrives!
Bad add. Was considering one. What were the track options?

·
Registered
56 Posts
22 850 assault 146, 1.6 cobra. Would like to hear some experienced opinions on clutch kits ( who’s) From my opinion it looks stock clutching is pretty good though. From Dyno videos I’ve seen it appears the stock clutching is over revving some ?
I'd leave the stock clutching alone and put a few miles on it to see if it's to your liking. Im sure Polaris has tested the clutching throughly to find the best combination.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd leave the stock clutching alone and put a few miles on it to see if it's to your liking. Im sure Polaris has tested the clutching throughly to find the best combination.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
That’s the plan.. I’m sure they have...

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
If the 22 still comes with 72 gram weights you'll need to go heavier after break in. Most of us with 850 Indy's and assault are running around 76 grams.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Are you sticking with the Polaris weight ( I’m assuming so) they seem to run very well for most everyone stock clutching wise so a small adjustment is good news. Im new to being back on Polaris and need to catch up some with there adjustments clutching wise. Correct me if need be but there secondary has no spring wind settings like say Yamaha just spring change In order to do so? And of course helix changes. Also ( if no changes in specs for 22 ) what is the ideal full shift RPM? Looks to be at 8000 .

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Are you sticking with the Polaris weight ( I’m assuming so) they seem to run very well for most everyone stock clutching wise so a small adjustment is good news. Im new to being back on Polaris and need to catch up some with there adjustments clutching wise. Correct me if need be but there secondary has no spring wind settings like say Yamaha just spring change In order to do so? And of course helix changes. Also ( if no changes in specs for 22 ) what is the ideal full shift RPM? Looks to be at 8000 .
I am running SLP magnum force adjustable weights. The stock 10 series weights work well if you don't want to mess with adjustable. CPC, and Dalton's are popular also. And yes, 8000-8100 is where the power is. The secondary spring is not tabbed on the team TSS 04. I suggest riding it stock for the first 500 miles and don't baby it. Then slap some heavy weights in and hang on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts