Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,303 Posts
That seems absolutely crazy. Saw Country Cat said they are sold out of 120's and 200's for 2022.
I think some of it as a sales trick. My brother works for an ammunition manufacturer.
When they would put a pallet of 22 ammo in the company store and say you could only 2 bricks at a time the pallet was gone instantly.
When they said no limit the pallet just sat there.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Yup, dealer just called me to say last day to order a T cat or 8000 rr. Was very surprised , didn't think that many people were ordering cats. Good to see they might still be around!!!!!
I don't know how true it is......but I heard Monday that Cat was going to limit the pre-season orders to 10,000 sleds this year.... which would be up slightly from the 8700-ish 2021s that I heard were produced this past season. Only reason I can come up with for why they would cut off or limit the numbers would be for parts availability issues........
Again......not sure how true it is.........

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know how true it is......but I heard Monday that Cat was going to limit the pre-season orders to 10,000 sleds this year.... which would be up slightly from the 8700-ish 2021s that I heard were produced this past season. Only reason I can come up with for why they would cut off or limit the numbers would be for parts availability issues........
Polaris has been limiting numbers too, so the parts availability might be a real thing. They had trouble getting them to customers on time last season too, so that might be part of it. I just figured with Cats smaller numbers they'd have no reason to cut them off, plus supposedly they are allowing for some dealer stock this year.

8,700 up to 10,000 would be a pretty good bump with no "all-new" models.

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
Everyone is going to have to. We aren’t even doing an early order program because we can’t parts to support the volume a early order program will do. I bet there are going to be a lot of late deliveries on pre ordered sleds and about zero sleds on dealer floors.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know the gray color isn't real popular for most people but I think those 6000 limited sleds look really sharp.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The sleds look way better in person than they do on Cats web site and the pics that have been posted. The charcoal is the same color that was on the 21 sleds and they look great. A black tunnel would have been better but cant have everything.

Reactions: Stain

·
Registered
206 Posts
Polaris has been limiting numbers too, so the parts availability might be a real thing. They had trouble getting them to customers on time last season too, so that might be part of it. I just figured with Cats smaller numbers they'd have no reason to cut them off, plus supposedly they are allowing for some dealer stock this year.

8,700 up to 10,000 would be a pretty good bump with no "all-new" models.
Parts availability is a real thing. I'm in sales and we're starting to REALLY struggle getting product in. Met with a Ford and Kenworth dealer in the last two weeks and microchips and seat foam are basically nonexistent right now. Ford is pushing completed trucks onto a lot and waiting for the seats to arrive. It's getting ugly.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
OK, here is an update. Keep em coming.

(3) TCAT
(1) 6000RR
(2) 8000RR
(1) BLAST XR
(1) Alpha 146
(2) 6000LTD
(1) RIOT X

·
Registered
384 Posts
As mentioned a few times in here, I'd bet parts supply is very likely the issue. I know guys that are waiting on back-ordered A-arms for 3 or 4 months on their 2012+ cats. These A-arms have been the same part for 10 years now and they can't supply them.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
OK, here is an update. Keep em coming.

(4) TCAT
(1) 6000RR
(3) 8000RR
(1) BLAST XR
(1) Alpha 146
(2) 6000LTD
(1) RIOT X

·
Registered
2017 ZR 9000 LTD
619 Posts
Two of my buddies that are not on here ordered a thundercat each So add two more to the list. I decided to keep my 2017 998 limited for now. Ordered myself a 2021 Honda CRF 300L bike instead..lol

·
Registered
20,620 Posts
Parts availability is a real thing. I'm in sales and we're starting to REALLY struggle getting product in. Met with a Ford and Kenworth dealer in the last two weeks and microchips and seat foam are basically nonexistent right now. Ford is pushing completed trucks onto a lot and waiting for the seats to arrive. It's getting ugly.
Gm is cutting production and will probably start laying people off as they can’t get enough parts to keep the people working

21 - 40 of 57 Posts