Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i could get my sled started tonight. It took about 10 try to finally get it. then it was only runnin on one cylinder. I got it to run on two and then it wouldn't idle... OK here my problem, when my hand is off the throttle it don't idle, but when i move the throttle an 1/8 of an inch, it idles fine. there must be some kind of kill switch that is doing this. What has to be done to stop it?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If it's a newer sled it's the Throttle saefty switch. Replace the washers. it sounds like you have too much slop.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
my zl-500(carbed) 02 did the same thing poped and would not idle tried a bottle of heat (drygas type ) and fixed it right up then let it sit outside after riding all day shure enough same thing filled tank used drygas again fixed it up again moisture is the culprit barametric pressure was down said a friend of mine who grass drags and moisture settles in happens more times

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is an efi... sorry botu that... And yea, tonight i unpluged the kill switch and it run liek it usually does. I don't want to have the kill switch unplugged, so what can i do to stop it. I am going to replease the bushin on the throttle... but, is there anythin else i have to do?? i need the big green beast this weekend so, ur help is very much appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts