Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some parts laying around so I want to do some testing, I have a 60/50 helix and a red spring and a yellow spring, the red feels stiffer, anyone no what spring would be better and in what hole?

·
Registered
41 Posts
With that HP You have you better go with the red! Yellow will burn your belt! My kids 440 jag has the yellow. Red I think was on the ZR 800s?? Not to bright on trail sled Springs :wacko:
The more tension you put on the spring the slower it will shift.
Nice for twisty trails but for Drag racing you want it to shift fast.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You will not be able to pull 60/50 with red spring..throw the yellow away! You have the right idea, however. You need to purchase a AC green spring which is real stiff. Wrap in hole #3 for trailriding, #2 for drag racing. Depends on how heavy you are, but at 160lbs I ran 62/50 helix with green sec. spring in hole #2 and was great for drag racing. You will lose a little backshifting, however.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
The red and yellow are the same tension. However, the red spring has more coils so the initial pressure is greater so the belt won't slip as much. You can slip the belt in the secondary by hand with the yellow spring. Can't with the red one. Try it.

Cat S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts