Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You are going to get a zillion responses to this one. most people that will chime in and say my brand is best. but i think your best bet if to first tell us what you are going to do with a snowmobile ie... off trail, on trail, ditch banging, aggresive tail riding, family style touring, long range, short range, and then we can help you out a great deal more with a brand and for that mater, a model.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If people start in with their brand loyal BS and posting their own sleds.... please refer them to the douchebag thread....

I would have to agree with Mike. What exactly are you looking for? a good trail sled? low maintnance? reliability? a beginner sled? tell us and make it detailed what you want it to do.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
[b]i'm looking to buy a new snowmobile but i cannot decide which brand to go for.[/b]
[/b] :stirthepot:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Impossible to answer without more info!

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
Everyone knows that Polaris is by far the best out there.[/b]
Are kidding?I guess you haven't tried the mid-year release 2009 Rupp Nitro...Man it has some serious giddy up.It will be a reallll screamer on the lakes next year!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Are kidding?I guess you haven't tried the mid-year release 2009 Rupp Nitro...Man it has some serious giddy up.It will be a reallll screamer on the lakes next year!![/b]
rode an '08 nytro....didnt like it way too heavy i had to throw more of my body weight around wearing me out faster...its a fast sled but seems like the rider position is a lil too far forward...i got it up past 60 and the steering was swirly and took a lot to keep it going straight...

need more info for any1 to reccomend a type...price range would help a lot too

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
rode an '08 nytro....didnt like it way too heavy i had to throw more of my body weight around wearing me out faster...its a fast sled but seems like the rider position is a lil too far forward...i got it up past 60 and the steering was swirly and took a lot to keep it going straight...
need more info for any1 to reccomend a type...price range would help a lot too[/b]
whats difference between your sled and a nytro?

·
Registered
375 Posts
like everyone said it depends on how you ride. I dont like 4 strokes (just because of weight), but if all you do is ride on the trail yamaha makes some very nice and reliable stuff. I personally like polaris's iq chasis the best, however i have not rode a nytro or new cat. I love my sled for ditchbanging and playing. We also have ski doos and never had any trouble with them. I wouldnt buy an XP just because its their first year. Post some more info about how you like to ride and we will be a lot more help

·
Registered
115 Posts
The one with the best dealer in your area or the area you ride in most.[/b]
I wouldn't of agreed with you a couple of years ago, but there are a lot of bad dealers out there. Some have a good service/parts department but bad mechanics.. and some you have excellent mechanics and awful service/parts dept. But you have to look for the dealer that has both. It's sounds stupid but when you send your machine to be serviced and have to bring it back twice because it doesn't run as well as it did before your service, and THEN they do it right.. well that's just not acceptable. 3 days of work screwed up because somebody decides to do a poor service on an old machine, because it's an old machine. I hate having to take something back because somebody didn't do the job they were paid to do. Anyway I hope you have better luck than I did.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts