Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
My dealer told me this:

When you add a bolt on, lets say twin pipes, and your motor burns down because it was too lean you are SOL.

If you add a bolt on, say reeds, and a crank bearing fails (totally unrelated) then your warranty should still cover it.

So, if they can prove the bolt on caused the problem then no warranty. Or, if you have an anal dealer, you may have to prove that the bolt on didn't cause the problem to get coverage.

·
Registered
20,650 Posts
usually when you start screwing with the motor it voids warrany. Like pipes, porting, heads, ecu, ect. Studs will also void your warranty on the track and damage they cause if not installed right.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Warranty is only as good as a dealer will back you up. When I bought my sled, my dealer told me he would stand behind me if things were not related.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It is up to the dealer. They don't exactly have to let AC know what mods are done especially if they are just bolt on. Besides the fact if there was a problem and the machine needed to go in just take the aftermarket stuff off for the time being and put the stock stuff back on.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by bluebear@Sep 1 2005, 02:57 PM
My dealer told me this:

When you add a bolt on, lets say twin pipes, and your motor burns down because it was too lean you are SOL.

If you add a bolt on, say reeds, and a crank bearing fails (totally unrelated) then your warranty should still cover it.

So, if they can prove the bolt on caused the problem then no warranty.  Or, if you have an anal dealer, you may have to prove that the bolt on didn't cause the problem to get coverage.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=857173
[/quote]
:div20: plus if they tell you that another oil than manufacturers voids it, have an atty look up the MAGNUSON MOSS ACT, they will have had to supply your oil for you as this act allows any oil as long as it meets mfgr requirements

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
you would be foolish to bring it in for warranty work with mods.

Bolt on for power and bolt off for warranty :div20:

How are they going to prove you had a key and a pipe and this and that? If you bring it in that way :dunno: Thats how :div20:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by f7scotgun@Sep 1 2005, 02:51 PM
Just wondering what things will void my 3 year warranty?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=857157
[/quote]

As a former sevice manager in a very large multi-line dealership in NY. I can tell you that it is somewhat at the service manager's discretion. Just don't try to be a smart ass about it. Usually he can help out at least partially. However for those who have heavily modified sleds, you are on your own. IMHO, when you do mods at a higher level than reeds and clutch kits you are exposing yourself to greater risk. You should not ask for any help when that's the case. When warranty is your first consideration, do everyone a favor--LEAVE IT STOCK. Hope that helps some!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts