Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of guys make their first trips during the week between xmas and new year. I thought it might be fun to mention our plans here.

I'm planning a trip with my friends Brian and Bill to somewhere In Quebec. We probably will decide exactly where just before we leave, as it is most dependant on the weather. Last year we went to the Mont Valin and rented a cottage for the week, as that was about the only place with snow. This year we are hoping to do a cross-country trip as long as the weather holds.

What are your plans? :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
January 1st thru the 4th Me and a few friends will be heading up to Hancock MI.

Other than that I will be spending X-mas with my family and hopefully logging on miles around here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Was supposed to be goin to th U P this weekend for a quick trip before xmas... no snow will see if i can go up before new years if not the week after for sure then the next 3 more in a row hehehe lol

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
I have hotels reserved in -ishpeming-hurley-munising-i go where theres .i have the central-west-east- u.p. pretty much covered,and the way it looks now,will have to cancell all three,because no damn snow,and the forecast just as bad-scott

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
no snow this weekend in the u.p. so may head up their day after christmas, if it SNOWS
best place to stay is best western in wetmore about 2 miles outside of downtown munising, cherry wood lodge has excellent food and drinks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I Might be in Old Forge/ Big Moose, Ny the weekend between Xmas and New Years, Or working :( My vacation isnt planned until Jan 7th to the 11th In Old Forge with the wife and Kids..
Rob,
You dont seem to post on RSS that much anymore, are you still interested in the RSS Ride we all talked about (hopefully you being the guide) somtime in Febuary??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Spinman@Dec 16 2002, 07:10 PM
I Might be in Old Forge/ Big Moose, Ny the weekend between Xmas and New Years, Or working :( My vacation isnt planned until Jan 7th to the 11th In Old Forge with the wife and Kids..
Rob,
You dont seem to post on RSS that much anymore, are you still interested in the RSS Ride we all talked about (hopefully you being the guide) somtime in Febuary??
yes, I haven't had much time for posting in other sites between taking care of this one and trying to get some work done at the same time.. The RSS ride was something that Jeff B and I did for a couple years.. Jeff indicated that he isn't going to have much time for riding this winter, so I'm not positive that ride will come off. But I'm willing and able for anything that comes up. I think most of the action will be from/with guys on this site. We'll just see how it goes I guess... :blink:

·
Registered
580 Posts
sorry to say guys but WORK, I have the weekend after xmas off and wanted to get away but my daughter's dance team dances in front of the crowd at a basketball game. So I am just hoping for snow around here so I can get out and play a little...

·
Registered
772 Posts
me and the crew are going up on sat Dec 28 and staying till Tuesday the 31st ..we are staying right out of Silver City, MI right along the shore.....At silver sands motel...hopefully enought snow...trails away from wakefield were great to ok last WED..if they get a Foot of snow they will be siting just fine...Who else is gonna be up that way?? let me know..any Ironwood or Berland or Ontonagon guys gonna be lurking aroudn there that weekend with some fire kittys??? think...snow :)

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hoping that I can get my friend to go to Pittsburg, NH on Friday the 27th. It will depend on what they are showing for snow. Hopefully........................

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dad has not told me yet. but we are going sledding some where and i think In wyoming so may be the HORNS. dunno he said he will tell me christmas morrning. I CAN NOT WAIT

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hopefully going to Montmagny, QC, where you were last week from 12/26 to 12/31. Somewhere in that general area providing there is snow. Going w/ my Dad. It will be our first trip to Quebec.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Going with a group of friends to Big Bay in the U.P. on the 28th staying through new years day. Hope we get something to ride on in the next 10 days.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I got a whole month off. from dec 23 to jan 23. bahhhahhah. Ill i need is some snow. Ill probably go to hurley, houghton, or munisng depending who's got the white gold.

But on New Years eve I heard that there will be be a surprise party for rob at his place.
He is providing beer, food, and gas.

Be there. When we show up he'll be surprised. :D :lol: :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
yeah.....ditch...i heard that too..thanks for reminding me...!!! put on ur sunglasses and close ur eyes rob..big fire chief is comming up with his sled!! haha

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Probly going up to pittsburg nh, and then do a little vermont riding. I would like to get up around Island pond this year.
Jim happy holidays and safe sledding Jim!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts