Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01/03/07: Took a 45 mile ride this morning and what a surprise as the trails were good some thin areas a few wet spots and some rocks that were turned up by the groomer. but overall very good. Roads were thin and some corners were icy but a very nice ride rode in Wisconsin on trails 17 to 8 west than 13 south to 13c back to 17 and home. Very few sleds out and ran into the groomer on 8 all trails were groomed. Sam

·
Registered
405 Posts
Picture looks good. Too bad I am stuck at work today or I would be out riding as well. Hopefully I can get out tonight to see how things are holding up. How much snow do you currently have on the ground?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on the area 8 to 12 inches on the ground 2 to 4 inches on the trails some areas have more some have less. Sam

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
It rained all day on sunday, but then it changed to snow. Ended up with 4-5". I went for a ride on monday and it was pretty bumpy yet, but the trails were white and being groomed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
rode out of Mercer on the 29 and 30. Never made it as far north as trail 8. Rode trail 13 towards camp one. Took us three hours. Didn't think any of the trails were much more than snow covered and rideable. Best riding all day was on the flowage. But nice senery at Beaver Lodge.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
So your saying that trails are very rideable? Ive noticed less complaining about the lack of snow. Thats great get the miles while you can.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I just got back from a ride, pretty much rode what vector er rode the other day. 17 has lots of rocks in the snow, the woods trails are still good. 77 from hurley west is rough as always.

Some of the trails that thawed and refroze are real tight, I had to stop and let the sled cool down a couple times because of not enough loose snow on the trail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts