Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
48,437 Posts
I would attempt to calmly state something along the lines “you sold me this defective sled in the first place and you will now accept it back”
I don't think the dealer can do that if he doesn't want to without him, and you first going directly to polaris ordering them to take back the defective sled. Dealer is just the seller while polaris made this sled in question. Polaris may even offer another model to choose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any thoughts on liability on selling a non updated recalled sled. I would write a receipt stating “As Is”
Sell it to someone out of state and they will have a tough time doing anything about it. There state cannot go after people in another state. The sled even a year old isn't worth hiring a lawyer in another state. I unfortunately know first hand

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
My dealer doesn't even want my 2021 VR1 and its in mint condition. They said they're not interested.
They have a total of 2 used sleds in inventory.

Listed it for sale and every single prospective buyer is worried about the recall - it simply won't sell even for a great price.
I think I'm stuck with it for a while.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
3,105 Posts
My dealer doesn't even want my 2021 VR1 and its in mint condition. They said they're not interested.
They have a total of 2 used sleds in inventory.

Listed it for sale and every single prospective buyer is worried about the recall - it simply won't sell even for a great price.
I think I'm stuck with it for a while.
The dealer couldn't sell it until the recall has been completed, so their hands are tied if it takes Polaris until next February to get him parts to fix it. Different scenario with a private party. Pretty sure once the snow starts to fall there will be less concern about the recall, especially if the repair parts aren't going to be available for a while. I'm fairly certain people are going riding whether their sled is fixed or not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I stopped at my dealer yesterday and spoke with him for a bit about the recall. He was commenting about how he was getting 10 sleds a week until the recall hit and now he has not got a single one since Polaris will not ship them till the fix is complete.

They are still selling new and used sleds, you just can't take your sled till the recall is completed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I want to say the stop ride letter says something about notifying the the new buyer within 10 days of receiving the notice IF you sold your sled. dont have It in front of me to check....I would not want to bet against ( worst case senecio) if you ride it and it happens or your hurt knowing there is a stop ride your balls are in a vise.. thus the letter.
that's a joke I believe I received six recalls they all went in the garbage

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That is concerning for sure. Makes me think they are worried about this recall fix not being a quick and painless thing.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
It's the volume of the units and the time needed to get caught up. For the guys who likes a new sled and trades a nice low mile one off every season or so this is a bigger issue. You now also have guys wanting to pick up a snow check using the recalled sled as part of the trade.

Few weeks ago I saw a trailer with about ten rentals going to a local non brand dealer for sale, nice clean used sleds all Polaris. You know the resale on those just tanked and the dealer is not connected with the company so that's a problem, not likely Polaris will take another dealers inventory ahead of the current customers.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That is concerning for sure. Makes me think they are worried about this recall fix not being a quick and painless thing.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
This will I’m sure take more time than you think. In the mean time people will just make the call to ride them and put there blinders on until it’s convenient to deal with. Dealers will be flooded with all the newest sleds needing this. Just think of the number of affected sleds that will not get fixed due to second/ third ownership by now! It’s turning out to be as some thought, not a supper easy or quick fix but not terrible either. I just so much hate taking in a new sled in for this issue knowing the dealer wants them out of there hair ASAP. ... Quality of the work is my biggest concern, I just don’t trust the dealers I’ve known. Im sure Polaris has thought about making this a no brainer as much as possible for the dealers due to all the potentials with a important component. Sucky deal for all involved.Im not over thinking it just pissed at yet another set back with a brand new sled, it’s why ya buy one in order to avoid this stuff!

·
Vendor
11,452 Posts
Polaris is panicking over this. for good reason. they got there asses sued over the fatal RZR fire's that also burned house's down. that's still not totally fixed. and there is a steering wheel recall on those. stop ride on some models. how does this shit keep happening? recall after recall from Polaris? you would think it's about time to stop using the lowest bidder for parts.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Polaris is panicking over this. for good reason. they got there asses sued over the fatal RZR fire's that also burned house's down. that's still not totally fixed. and there is a steering wheel recall on those. stop ride on some models. how does this shit keep happening? recall after recall from Polaris? you would think it's about time to stop using the lowest bidder for parts.
It means pay raise after pay raise for the CEO and board members Rick...

·
Vendor
11,452 Posts
yup snow mobile industry in for a big reality check. Polaris dealers have sleds they can't sell. not just because of the recall. i have sleds on consignment. ski-doo's cat's sell, not Polaris of late. nobody want's them because of recall. everybody will only buy them if they can steal them. not good. your Polaris sled just took a huge hit. the comment i hear is Polaris is junk. have any ski-doo's coming in that you know of? this was just the opposite last year. my WPS salesman had the worst month since he's been doing this. a long time. he also told me the biggest dealership he has is not selling anything latently? and a big show they were just at? can't remember maybe NOVI was very bad. not good signs at all.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
yup snow mobile industry in for a big reality check. Polaris dealers have sleds they can't sell. not just because of the recall. i have sleds on consignment. ski-doo's cat's sell, not Polaris of late. nobody want's them because of recall. everybody will only buy them if they can steal them. not good. your Polaris sled just took a huge hit. the comment i hear is Polaris is junk. have any ski-doo's coming in that you know of? this was just the opposite last year. my WPS salesman had the worst month since he's been doing this. a long time. he also told me the biggest dealership he has is not selling anything latently? and a big show they were just at? can't remember maybe NOVI was very bad. not good signs at all.
Novi is coming up in the first weekend in November , I will definitely be taking note on how it looks. I should be there all three days full time as I’m putting some vintage sleds in the show more than likely. If that show is down it’s a real indicator as the area draws a lot of folks from all over.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts