Hardcore Sledder banner

121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well I also dare I say own a 2010 Cat (Kymco) 450 Eli which the next year they rebadged 500. It has over 5000 miles on it and I plow all winter with no issues since new. I’ve replaced the battery a few times and when new I upgraded the wheels and tires just cause I liked the look and I think a little bigger tire overall is better. I’m very happy with it and it’s never an issue to start when it’s real cold and in general has been all I need or want. My previous bike was a Honda fourtrax which also was dependable but didn’t ride near as comfy as my Cat.
the kymco bikes are great bikes, cat would have been wise to rebadge every kymco and sell as a cat

·
Super Moderator
36,397 Posts
Between the wife & I we had/have a 325 Trail Boss, 2- 500 Sportsman's (98&2000), a 700 Sportsman, a 800 Sportsman, a 850 XP, 2 1000 XP's still have (2015 & 2016) and a 1000 XP RZR. All have only needed just basic maintenance, the 800 needed 2 u-joints, none have ever broke down, all are still running today..

·
Registered
847 Posts
Between the wife & I we had/have a 325 Trail Boss, 2- 500 Sportsman's (98&2000), a 700 Sportsman, a 800 Sportsman, a 850 XP, 2 1000 XP's still have (2015 & 2016) and a 1000 XP RZR. All have only needed just basic maintenance, the 800 needed 2 u-joints, none have ever broke down, all are still running today..
Not possible. According to Ramstad you should have replaced at least a hundred starters by now.

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,593 Posts
Not possible. According to Ramstad you should have replaced at least a hundred starters by now.
Exactly what was going through my mind ... I can picture our resident "politician" / Engineer (Tech) jumping up and down, screaming at his computer, "NO!! THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL! POLARIS SUCKS!!'

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well talk is cheap. I have had or have them all. I have facts. You have what?
35 years of fixing every brand out there,,,,, the ONLY thing good on your Cat atv is the engine....thats it!. piss poor wheel bearings, rear diff prone to failure, brakes not the best, oh and if its a shifter motor, I have replaced a few shift drum springs also

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I currertly own a 850 sportsman with over 8000 hard miles with only 1 belt replaced, a few sets of brakes, front driveshaft u joints, 3 batteries because of heavy plowing use, and thats it. My 500 sportsman was bulletproof as was my can am outy 500. My hondas were all bulletproof also, from my original ATC 90 boought new when i was a kid, to my last 300 4x4. How Many you owned Ramshit??????

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Cat makes a lot of good ATV's and UTV's.
My buddy has a newer 550XT Prowler with a billion hours on it and it's a great machine.
Polaris makes a decent ATV and UTV as well, barring the 570's catching on fire for a few years and constant recalls.
Not saying that to diss Polaris, but you have to admit they had some issues with them for a few years.
As far as awful's comment on a Honda 250/300, NOTHING ON PLANET EARTH is as reliable as an old Honda!
But for max reliablity I stick with my Yammy's.
I've had a Bruin 350, Raptor 660, Rhino 450, and Grizzly 660, some for months, some for years, and it was rare I dealt with anything.
My Grizzly 700 may not be the best ATV you can buy, but that damn thing will start everytime, no matter the conditions.

121 - 140 of 208 Posts