Hardcore Sledder banner

81 - 100 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Altera 570 is a great quad. Quiet, handles well and is well built. The Prowler Pro is in a league of it's own. On my bucket list. Cats ATV's are not the fastest but at there price are perfect! Hell I rarely go faster than 35 on my 02 500 manual. Perfect work ATV. Just gas, oil and a few batteries. Oh, and one Warn winch.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The Altera 570 is a great quad. Quiet, handles well and is well built. The Prowler Pro is in a league of it's own. On my bucket list. Cats ATV's are not the fastest but at there price are perfect! Hell I rarely go faster than 35 on my 02 500 manual. Perfect work ATV. Just gas, oil and a few batteries. Oh, and one Warn winch.
Shows what little you know about quads..... just like your sled knowledge. Cats Alterras are at the bottom og the heap, and that includes the Chinese brands

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
What is wrong with a budget brand or model? If I were to buy a quad it would be for limited use such as snowmobile trail work as here in NY there isn't ATV trails all over. So a Cat or Sportsman 500 would work just fine. But if I was going to trail ride a quad like I do my sled then I'd want a bigger machine or different brand, perhaps. But honestly it comes down to what your intentions are for yourself and your machine.

·
Registered
481 Posts
If they would build sleds for the masses and build quality sleds, they would sell sleds again. But to make a gain in a shrinking market, it’s a slow death for Yamacat!

Bob

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
3,951 Posts
Nobody is selling sleds in a decreasing market share and now with COVID-19 around it's going to be much worse for the remaining three who actually make sleds. This is fact. Not fiction. And it doesn't matter which manufacturer it is they all are going to take a big hit with expenses and income this year. The question is who will blink and remove snowmobiles from their portfolio.

Steve

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nobody is selling sleds in a decreasing market share and now with COVID-19 around it's going to be much worse for the remaining three who actually make sleds. This is fact. Not fiction. And it doesn't matter which manufacturer it is they all are going to take a big hit with expenses and income this year. The question is who will blink and remove snowmobiles from their portfolio.

Steve
I wouldn't say its fact. Sleds are being sold, My guess is that this green tag sales even is another way to get some more sleds into production. Dirt side is doing well

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Never thought this would happen but local reports saying boat sales jumped ghru the roof - I live in a summer resort area. . Kids been home, sports been cancelled, people left for 2nd homes early, boating it is.

Boats are crazy expensive now, so I never would have imagined with so little $$$ flowing from jobs this would happen, but here it is.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
ATV's are selling like crazy as well. Sold mine for $1k more than it is worth in 4 hours on Wed.
What is wrong with a budget brand or model? If I were to buy a quad it would be for limited use such as snowmobile trail work as here in NY there isn't ATV trails all over. So a Cat or Sportsman 500 would work just fine.
Budget brand as in to compete with the Chinese, not the quality machines. What was wrong with a Kia in the 1995? Complete piece of crap as they cut every corner to hit a price point. Cat's direction seems to be to win on the bottom, not the top. That sucks because it takes them out of the running as a viable option for me. I've had more green machines than any other brand but I don't see that continuing in the future.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What is wrong with a budget brand or model? If I were to buy a quad it would be for limited use such as snowmobile trail work as here in NY there isn't ATV trails all over. So a Cat or Sportsman 500 would work just fine. But if I was going to trail ride a quad like I do my sled then I'd want a bigger machine or different brand, perhaps. But honestly it comes down to what your intentions are for yourself and your machine.
They make a sportsman 500?
😂 😂🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

·
Super Advanced Member
2,227 Posts
Never thought this would happen but local reports saying boat sales jumped ghru the roof - I live in a summer resort area. . Kids been home, sports been cancelled, people left for 2nd homes early, boating it is.

Boats are crazy expensive now, so I never would have imagined with so little $$$ flowing from jobs this would happen, but here it is.
This is true.
I own two boats, a 2005 Polar Kraft 164SC running a 25 Mercury Bigfoot and a 2006 Baja H2X Boss with a 140 hours on a 496 Mag HO.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Shows what little you know about quads..... just like your sled knowledge. Cats Alterras are at the bottom og the heap, and that includes the Chinese brands
Well my brother has a 2015 XR 550 and it is a fantastic quad. Neighbor has a sportsman 500 and it is a POS! Three starters so far. Cat RULES!

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,593 Posts
Well my brother has a 2015 XR 550 and it is a fantastic quad. Neighbor has a sportsman 500 and it is a POS! Three starters so far. Cat RULES!
And how old is the Sportsman that's needed 3 starters? Probably 20+ years old .... but hey, why bother with that information.

·
Registered
849 Posts
That would be three starters in 8 years. Impressive, if you like spending money on repairs. Junk ATV. My 10 year older Cat 500 is still twice the machine that thing is.

·
Administrator
2021 VR1 Eight-Fiddy HYPERSLED!!
20,593 Posts
That would be three starters in 8 years. Impressive, if you like spending money on repairs. Junk ATV. My 10 year older Cat 500 is still twice the machine that thing is.
Wow ... you sold me! I'm going out and buying a Cat ATV this weekend!!! <insert hand job emoji>

81 - 100 of 208 Posts