Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just trying to plan ahead for trips this winter…. Anyone have recommendations? My wife and I trailer our snowmobiles and usually head down towards the southern tier, but open to trying new establishments and areas.

:help:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Whats your range that youll travel?

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
If you are coming into the Cherry Creek area, the following is recommended:

1. Cherry Creek NOCO - 24 hour fuel station if you have a credit card.

2. The Trillium Lodge - More than just typical fryer food. A lot of room to sit, and put gear. Good food, our group recommends the Trillium Club Sandwich.

3. Cherry Creek Sub Shop - Not a bar, but a lot of food choices, subs, pizza etc. Good place to take younger riders and has an atm machine.

4. Someplace Else - Bar with pool table and fryer food.

5. Cherry Creek B&B - Never stayed nor ate there, but it's on the trail.

Forestville: Trails by the school are on restricted hours. Not open during school hours.

1. Tavern on the Mall - Bar, with many food choices. Service is a bit on the slower side.

Cassadaga:

1. May's Place - Bar with pool table and many food choices. Lots of seating. Our group recommends the steak hoagie or the Char BQ Wings, twice dipped.

2. Nordy's - Good food, deli a little more pricier. You have to park across the street and walk to it. There is not a trail up to the deli. Pizza is really good here, sweet sauce.

3. Cassadaga Shur Fine - 24 hour gas station with credit card. Good food in the in store deli. Basic snowmobile supplies. You can use this as a unloading point for the trails also.

4. Grandma's Kitchen - Good home cooked food. Nice selection. Fair amount of space.

Mayville / Maple Springs

1. Tom's Tavern - A favorite among the local snowmobilers. Always a good time. Bar with pool table and food.

2. Blue's Rock - Good bar atmosphere, good food.

3. The Watermark - Pricy, but if you are looking for more high end food, the place for you.

4. Gaimbrone's Restautant/bar next to the Blue's Rock starts - Good food, higher end food.

French Creek:

1. French Creek Tavern- Good food, larger menu, not just fryer food.

Hope this helps. These are some of our normal pitstops. :div20:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Perrysburg Hotel - Just a bar, would not recommend

Gowanda - Palm Gardens Motel and Lounge - couldn't tell ya

Collins Ctr - New place is opening up, too soon to tell.

Langford - JJ's good food and bar atmosphere

Langford Hotel - Do not recommend

New Oregon - Uncle Frank's - Not a bad place when he has food.

East Eden - Shunk's West Hill Grill - Good Food

East Eden Tavern - supposed to reopen this fall

Eden VFW - Fryer Food and bar - Snowmobilers Welcome

Springville - Pizza Glenn II - Good Pizza and wings

Springville / Concord - Fireside Inn - Good food - upper end

Colden Lakes - Decent bar and food

Chaffee - Milestone - Very good nitelife favorite of snowmobilers

Stykersville - Pub - Good food fun bar

Many more....

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Your pretty close to some great places to eat and ride too. Heres some of my favorite places to hit:

1. Log Cabin in Indian Falls

2. Byrncliff in Bennington

3. Bliss Hotel in Bliss

4. Oakfield Hotel in Oakfield "Dead Bar" you'll know what I'm talking about if you go there.

Those are just a few and all are located on the trail system.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Originally posted by snowman-F7@Oct 10 2005, 08:12 PM
Your pretty close to some great places to eat and ride too.  Heres some of my favorite places to hit:

1.  Log Cabin in Indian Falls

2.  Byrncliff in Bennington

3.  Bliss Hotel in Bliss

4.  Oakfield Hotel in Oakfield "Dead Bar" you'll know what I'm talking about if you go there.

Those are just a few and all are located on the trail system.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920807
[/quote]
Agree w/ #1 and 4. If you go to the Cabin, try to go at non-peak times if its a weekend..That place will have over a hundred sleds in the lot when they are busy... Another good place in that general area is the Alabama hotel. Same rules for that tho, try to hit at non-peak times if possible.
There's a really good place in Arcade i think, but cant think of the name right now...Ill find it..Very nice place..

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
:dunno:

Hey ArcticCat Gal,
What’s that place called in Cherry Creek, ……..I think it’s on ……..???????? …C1A ……………but he’s got all them swing sets behind the place / his house…. that all the sleds are hung up on.
What’s he got going on over there?

:fluffy:

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
Originally posted by Drifthopper@Oct 11 2005, 08:37 AM
:dunno:
Hey ArcticCat Gal,
What’s that place called in Cherry Creek, ……..I think it’s on ……..????????  …C1A  ……………but he’s got all them swing sets behind the place / his house…. that all the sleds are hung up on.
What’s he got going on over there?
:fluffy:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921773
[/quote]

That was Vanderlee's. It was located on Farrington Hollow Road just outside of Cherry Creek. They have sold the house now, and Joe Vanderlee passed away this year. You could store your sled there, and they were always willing to have a beer and a chat with fellow riders as long as the porch light was on. I believe that they were founding members of the Cherry Creek Sno Goers. Joe's member number was 001 I think. The Vanderlee's contributed much to the sport of snowmobiling over the decades. The new owners are not sled friendly as far as I know. The trail that used to run right up to the back door is closed now. You can still continue on the Hill Top Trail, just can't stop at the house anymore.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
In Darien on RTE 20 east of 77, the Timberwolf Restaurant/Bar. Very large parking lot, many people w/ trailers park there. Large Dining area and bar. Great Food! They just finished remodeling it and I have yet to check it out!

Also in Darien, check out "My Saloon", former "Broken Prop". Also on RTE 20 1/2 mile east from Timberwolf. New owners just took over this place and it is the happening place out in these parts!

From the Wolf, you can head south towards Varysburg(Byrncliff), Java, Arcade. SW to Alden, Marilla. North to Corfu, west Batavia, Oakfield, elba. East to Attica, Alexander.....etc you get the idea! Lot's of loops to check out!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Originally posted by renegadeoffunk@Oct 12 2005, 07:46 PM
In Darien on RTE 20 east of 77, the Timberwolf Restaurant/Bar.  Very large parking lot, many people w/ trailers park there.  Large Dining area and bar.  Great Food!  They just finished remodeling it and I have yet to check it out!

Also in Darien, check out "My Saloon", former "Broken Prop".  Also on RTE 20 1/2 mile east from Timberwolf.  New owners just took over this place and it is the happening place out in these parts!

From the Wolf, you can head south towards Varysburg(Byrncliff), Java, Arcade.  SW to Alden, Marilla.  North to Corfu, west Batavia, Oakfield, elba.  East to Attica, Alexander.....etc you get the idea!  Lot's of loops to check out!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925628
[/quote]

I didn't know you can get to the Broken Prop or now My Saloon on sled?? Where does the trail run to from Timberwolf, I'm always up for a new place.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm not exactly positive on how they are going to do it. Last I spoke with the owners, they were talking with the club and had a few options! But they definately said they will have a trail to it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
in monre county there are a few good stops too:

Stones in churchville

Viking Val Halla in bergen

The Dakota in Hilton

All of these places have great food and good looking women too :beer:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Pro-X 600@Oct 10 2005, 09:21 PM
There's a really good place in Arcade i think, but cant think of the name right now...Ill find it..Very nice place..
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921269
[/quote]

Not to many places in Arcade that you can get to by sled, perhaps Delightfuls?

On the outskirts of Arcade you have The Milestone (Chaffee, our Tuesday night stop), The Hearth (Chaffee, have an all you can eat every day except friday and DJ or Bands on weekends), Strykersville Pub, Bliss Hotel, I'm sure there are more, I'll have to check my trail map tonight and see who's on it, always nice to support those who support the clubs and trails.

There is also the VFW in Arcade, club meetings are also held there every third Wednesday of the month.

Eric

1 - 17 of 17 Posts