Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it will be worth a trip up to West Danville this coming weekend? I don't really want to drive 4 1/2 hours and not be able to ride! :i_need_snow:

·
Registered
374 Posts
anywhere within a few mile radius of the lookout is rideable, but not perfect... although shits freezing up fast. its only 5 degrees up here, and the high never got out of the teens the past 2 days here near coles pond. hopefully some snow tommorrow night will make things 100% better in the lower elevations.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info skifreek! Are there any waterbars still open that you know of?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use the saying if its "BROWN" slow it down!! We are headed up to coles pond to our camp it is still spotty in the low lands but fair up high. They are saying snow for Friday that will help. Good luck enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the saying if its "BROWN" slow it down!! We are headed up to coles pond to our camp it is still spotty in the low lands but fair up high. They are saying snow for Friday that will help. Good luck enjoy the ride.[/b]
This is from the Danville S-Skimo website message boards. Are they just blowing smoke??

"We did not get a huge amount of snow but they are predicting more today. The groomer operators were out yesterday grooming the new snow, and reported to me that the trails from Marty's 1st Stop in Danville North on 51 are now as GOOD AS THEY'VE EVER BEEN. If we get snow today as predicted they will be out again tomorrow making them even better. I will post a message tomorrow nite when I know what has taken place.

Also the railbed has been groomed again, but I have not heard from those groomer operators to know what the conditions are there. Will try to find out today."

:i_need_snow:

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is from the Danville S-Skimo website message boards. Are they just blowing smoke??

"We did not get a huge amount of snow but they are predicting more today. The groomer operators were out yesterday grooming the new snow, and reported to me that the trails from Marty's 1st Stop in Danville North on 51 are now as GOOD AS THEY'VE EVER BEEN. If we get snow today as predicted they will be out again tomorrow making them even better. I will post a message tomorrow nite when I know what has taken place.

Also the railbed has been groomed again, but I have not heard from those groomer operators to know what the conditions are there. Will try to find out today."
:i_need_snow:[/b]

thohse trails havent been perfect all year, but they are still rideable and in decent shape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts