Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this post on a Lewiston Mi. forum. This is one local that appreciates us snowmobilers! :beerchug:
"Well we still have no snow.. .which means no business around town. If you could please try and eat out at least once a week, this may actually help those who are loosing so much money from the lack of snow fall. I was actuall speaking with a friend of mine over the weekend and even GLENS is thinking they are going to start laying people off due to the lack of business. They have already cut hours back and now layoffs are on the horizon. The lack of snow is even harder on an already suffering Michigan economy. And for all of you snowmobilers that only come when it snows.. Maybe you could just come visit for a nice relaxing weekend and enjoy your local taverns and restaurants. We would sure appreciate the business.

So please do your part, eat out help our economy and enjoy Lewiston!

Take care and Happy New Year!!

Daisy"

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here in St. Helen, I have to echo the same sentiments. Without the snowmobilers, we really do hurt! I go to restaurants and there are more workers than customers. Without winter, it really is hard to survive here.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Not trying sound like a dick or nothing, but I most likely will anyways!

I am actually kinda glad, in a weird sort of way, that this lack of snow has happened.

In the last few years I have run into more and more of the same, "we really don't need or want your kind up here" we will get along just fine without you and your tourist dollars.

Now all of a sudden, the winter is late in arriving and low and behold these same town folks that said that they didn't need my kind are starting to wonder how they are gonna pay their electric bill next month without any income coming in from the trunk slammers?

Now mind you, I am not trying to infer that all of the up north towns act like that but I have been seeing this attitude more and more across the state in the last few years!

To be right to the point, I have been to lewiston many, many, many times in the last few years and have always been treated like an honored guest and have always left wanting to come back, in the summer as well as the winter! So this post in not pointed toward that town.

But good grief already, when will it just freaking snow !

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
In the last few years I have run into more and more of the same, "we really don't need or want your kind up here" we will get along just fine without you and your tourist dollars.[/b]
Hey P-Bob, I couldn't agree more. I have heard this sentiment from a few people thru the years. And this sort of thing usually happens when the season is slow.

To be right to the point, I have been to lewiston many, many, many times in the last few years and have always been treated like an honored guest and have always left wanting to come back, in the summer as well as the winter! So this post in not pointed toward that town.[/b]
Places that have left me with the "warm and fuzzies" are Munising, Grand Marais, Paradise, Seney, Indian River, Big Bay, Cross Villiage, and even Gaylord...even tho the Gaylord area, anymore, is a breeding ground for assholes (riders).

But good grief already, when will it just freaking snow![/b]
Yeah...No shit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts