Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went up to camp for the week got the sled off rode about 10 miles got to a nice open stretch blasted the throttle got to about 90 and the belt blew off sled turned about 16,000 rpms so after got the new belt on went a little further found another open stretch hit it again and the sled quit at about 90 so i had to stick my hand down the full tank of gas get the smart valve out which was the new one from cat that they said woul not have this problem and take the seal out and then it fired right back up and the rest of the time it was ok rode 700 miles last 4 days

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no its all stock i talked to my dealer and he said when the belt blew off it could have offset something or somthing like that so he said bring it in and he will look at it

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I'm hearing of a lot of belt problems this year. I had one go south on me already but I caught it before it blew. I hope the vendor (Dayco?) gets this straigtened out.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have 1,100 miles on my belt, and it is wore but its a good even wear, time for a new one it sits low in the driven clutch now, but she still rocks!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
over 600 miles of hard riding on my belt, starting to stretch a bit, should be good for few more miles.
my zr 800 c.c. got 2,100 miles on stock belt, changed it before it self destructed!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just put on a D&D clutch and a new belt I have 1000 miles on the old
one and I will use it for a spare.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine blew on the weekend at 2000 miles, 100 mph for miles when it happened, NO LIE, so I guess thats not unusual. Gotta love Cochran Ont. trails!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my sled only had 600 miles on it when i blew it and i was going about 90 so we fixed it and then i got going about 90 again and it died so i being 16 had the smallest arm so it went into the gas tank which we just filled up and had to pull the smartvalve out and it was the new ones from cat to

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just a note of caution guys. Blew a belt at 108 mph the other day and caused some damage. Belt took out coolant hose behind secondary and she pissed all her green freeze out. Bent support/protection and inside of footwells to shit. I felt this was a problem area from day one and feared this happening. Belt had about 1300 miles on it and has had a very hard life. Parallelism was slightly out though.

This will leave you stranded. I have have mentioned it to Cat in passing. Usually drive the hell out of a belt till it explodes (cheap bastard) but may pay a little closer attention with this one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts