Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother was up north riding, make along story short, Speedo stop working and down on power?
Took to dealer and a guy with a F7 pulled in with sled on the trail. 2 tank of gas going across the lake about 110 sled lost power. Dealer looked at sled it is cooked! Left CYL. gone!!
Now this is starting to get old to me now!No word on brothers sled he not very happy! :huh:
Skydog

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it was not my brothers sled that blew, some other guy.
Skydog P.S. I hope my brothers is not cooked!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You have to be joking...According to AC only 4 have had motor problems...........LOL..............The internet is AC's worst enemy, It proves how full of shit they are.
I'm hoping to break mine in on monday, Ill be bringing my wife's Yammie as well incase I have to tow the FireCat home.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Artic Cat is not telling the truth if that is what you heard . My two friends and I bought 3 F7s and 2 of them are back in the shop . One needs 2 cylnders pistons and rings the other needs rings . We are not the only ones thats is for sure.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
:( We should All write Arctic-cat and say what the *uck !

And want to know whats going on...

Who's in ? Steve

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Write away....You would be wasting your time.
In the end of all these problems AC will come out the loser.
After all the warrenty work and write up's on how reliable the F7 is, I believe even the "Die Hard" AC riders will be looking at other MFG's for there next sled.

·
Registered
772 Posts
"
Jamie Posted on Dec 7 2002, 09:12 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to be joking...According to AC only 4 have had motor problems...........LOL..............The internet is AC's worst enemy, It proves how full of shit they are.
I'm hoping to break mine in on monday, Ill be bringing my wife's Yammie as well incase I have to tow the FireCat home.  "[/b]
hey correction..the 4 that ac said burned down where only 4 they heard about in NH not the entire fleet...
either way...sleds burning down will happen here and there..but no excuse for many of them...if i dont see it with my own eyes or on paper...i dont loose sleep over it

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
BFC, Are you serious? After reading all these posts by FireCat owners (NOT BASHERS) regarding problems they have had, You don't believe the problems exist?
I may be reading your post wrong, but if I'm not wake up and smell the coffee.
I seriously wanted to go on a ride that was being put togather here in Ontario for FireCat owners but unless there are other sleds involved (Not FC's) that can tow us home I'm not going.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ya this does suck!! how many of us out there who has not even taken their f-7 out yet ! and when we do all we will think about is when will this thing blow up :angry: :angry: their will be alot of talk about this all winter and if cat does not make it right they will loose alot of loyal fans !!! but do ya think they care??

·
Registered
772 Posts
jamie dont read more into it then what i said..im just saying..this and other sites and the problems people may or may no have atleast ALERT me to what can or cannot happen and things that i should check..but im not gonna go out this sat to michigan worrying about my sled blowing up..flipping over, over heating, exploding, starting on fire...making ice formations on the tunnel, over steering, seat being to cold, tach not being bright enough, handle bars to tall, snow chunks flying behind me...great..people have opinions..and UNFORTUNATELY they have had some problems...but i dont even or wont ride slow because im scared...im gonna ride it like its a rental and do the same stuff that i would do to all my other sleds..and THEN and ONLY then will i go from the conclusions i have gathered and figure out if i need to throw a post on here about a problem i may or may not have...NEEDLESSLY COMPLICATED ..all of this IMO

Rember..Ride it like a Rental...!! :blink:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by Skydog@Dec 7 2002, 07:35 PM
My brother was up north riding, make along story short, Speedo stop working and down on power?
Took to dealer and a guy with a F7 pulled in with sled on the trail. 2 tank of gas going across the lake about 110 sled lost power. Dealer looked at sled it is cooked! Left CYL. gone!!
Now this is starting to get old to me now!No word on brothers sled he not very happy! :huh:
Skydog
Skydog,

read all my posts...this is not getting better, but worse...and when it really starts hitting everyone it is only going to get real worse. I feel for your brother and that other poor guy you two saw.

Rob...any word on the cylinder back order?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Originally posted by Big Fire Chief@Dec 7 2002, 10:30 PM
hey correction..the 4 that ac said burned down where only 4 they heard about in NH not the entire fleet...
either way...sleds burning down will happen here and there..but no excuse for many of them...if i dont see it with my own eyes or on paper...i dont loose sleep over it
Big Fire Chief,

Who the F**k are you...have you read any of my posts?

Have you read any of Blacksaber7's posts?

We all have blown sleds...there were four two weeks ago in Twin Mountain alone...last week there were two (mine and the other guy who called my dealer 15 mins after I did) that blew from my dealer alone...I also talked with a few Firecats on the trail that had all the symptoms but kept riding...like me (I did 120 miles last weekend) they probably have a lot of damage, but won't know it till they keep riding and then one day...poof...

Blacksaber7 knew of Arctic Cat going to several houses in Canada to get sleds because they knew they were blowing left and right...

Believe me they know their is an epidemic out there and hopefully they will step up within the next week to get us all on the trail by the start of the official season...

If you don't want to recognize the problem is real, you can be an Ostridge and live in the sand, but please don't insult those of us who are out our $8K Sleds due to CAT's negligence.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Big Fire Chief if you dont believe my post I will give you the phone # of my dealer he will tell you the truth . If you want I will take a picture of are sleds at the dealer with the top ends tore apart . Just because you choose to ignore this situation does not mean its not happening . Some of you guys are so die hard arctic cat that you refuse to admit that they f up huge on this sled . Wait and see im telling you this is going to be a huge problem .

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
That is the first of our two little girls...IE, our first Gold Retriever, Mandi on my 02 ZR 800. Sammy, her little sister never got a chance to pose on the F7 before it crapped the bed on me... :(

Mandi is two opposable thumbs away from riding all by herself. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Come on guys, the sky's not falling!! If you burn it down or brake your F-7, cat will be there for us! One way or another we will all be riding when we get the big snow!!!!
And yes a lot of motors went down!

·
Registered
772 Posts
whoa whoa..settle boys i belive most of the people that say there sled is blown..but there are some i have my doubts..boss, saber..yes i have read and am truly sorry..and yes of course i belive u.. i NEVER said that i didnt think it was happening..but again...THE ONLY thing im saying is that it ALERTS me that some are having problems..but thats all it does...if i have a problem..darn right ill say i am..but i dont worry about it like some people have said there "scared to ride there sled because of what they read"...give me a break..if its breaks get it fixed ...junk it..drive it off cliff..dont by a cat again..do what it takes to make u feel better... im am sorry for anyone who has expierenced problems..and the waiting game they have to play to get there parts...it bad and shouldnt happen..no excuse..but i dont,or will not worry about it while riding...lets not read into this so much..man people can take things the wrong way!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts