Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you kidding, or just jetting our hopes up again?

My fingers, toes , arms, and eyes are crossed, Will that Help? HAHA[/b]
Nope that is right from the NOAA site here:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/

If we do get snow I already told my people not to expect to see me next week.... WOOO HOOOO! :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well, I hope it's true. Maybe you and the Marine can ride afterall.

Can you push a little of this storm North for us ... ?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I hope it's true. Maybe you and the Marine can ride afterall.[/b]
The Marine left for Camp Lejeune this morning. If it does snow this week it's going to make for a tough first ride being so close to his leaving. I do appreciate the thought though. From the looks of things we will not be riding together again until 2009-2010.

Here' an odd one... NOAA is calling for heavy snow and Henry is calling for a dusting..

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got this from my Weatherwatch. It's and email alert from WJAC. This is the first one of the year! HOPEFULLY!!

Issued at: 3:07 PM EST 12/31/07, expires at: 11:15 PM EST 12/31/07

Winter storm watch in effect from Tuesday morning through wednesday afternoon,
The NWS in state college has issued a winter storm watch, which is in effect from Tuesday morning through wednesday afternoon.
Snow showers and locally heavy snow squalls will accompany a cold front as it arrives around dawn Tuesday morning. Winds will increase to 2o to 30 mph, causing poor visibility with areas of blowing and drifting snow.
Snow showers, heavy at times, will continue from Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon, with continued blowing and drifting snow. By late Wednesday afternoon, total snow accumulations should range from 6 to 10 inches in many areas, with locally higher amounts on the ridges of somerset county.
A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant snow or ice accumulation that may impact travel. The exact path of this storm system is uncertain. However, if heavy snow or ice becomes imminent, a winter storm warning will be issued.[/b]
I sit right in the ridges of Somerset County! :luxhello: :luxhello:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Just got this from my Weatherwatch. It's and email alert from WJAC. This is the first one of the year! HOPEFULLY!!
I sit right in the ridges of Somerset County! :luxhello: :luxhello:[/b]
Keep us posted, I live near Pitts, just 40 min away from the rt 31 parking lot. Ill ride snirt if needed, the wifes sled though. LOL I may need to come up wed afternoon. I HAVE TO WORK WED (teach) poooooooo.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep us posted, I live near Pitts, just 40 min away from the rt 31 parking lot. Ill ride snirt if needed, the wifes sled though. LOL I may need to come up wed afternoon. I HAVE TO WORK WED (teach) poooooooo.[/b]
Snofish,

Here's the cam at LHS right out the road from the route 31 parking lot (LHSC Club Cam) and the cam north of the turnpike up by the warming hut area (PACCSA)

http://www.lhsc.net/

If we have enough snow I will ride Wednesday! Hope we can gather so folks up for that first ride even though it's going to be a weekday.

Hey Viper, your quiet as a church mouse. What's up? I thought you'd be chomping at the bit to get out on the snow!

G

·
It's getting better... as of 9:44 PM on New Year's Eve:

944 PM EST MON DEC 31 2007

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TUESDAY TO 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TUESDAY TO 7 PM EST
WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAYS SNOW SHOWERS CAN BRING OVER HALF A FOOT OF SNOW TO AREAS NEAR THE MOUNTAINS TUESDAY INTO
WEDNESDAY. FARTHER WEST...SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BE MORE LIKE 2 TO 4 INCHES. GUSTY WINDS TO 40 MPH WILL CAUSE BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVING THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES TUESDAY WILL CAUSE THIS OUTBREAK OF HARSH WINTER WEATHER THAT WILL LAST INTO
WEDNESDAY AS COLD WINDS IN THE STORMS WAKE WILL ALSO BRING SNOW SHOWERS TO THE MOUNTAINS OFF THE GREAT LAKES.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AS THERE WILL BE STRONG WINDS. THIS
WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. DRESS WARM.

:summer_sucks:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts