Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finalized a deal for a black canadian edition F7.
I still have my rev and will keep it for awhile.
I cant wait till I get this baby home and let er rip.
I love to be different and I hate to lose.
I have followed this forum since its inception and have heard all the bad things about the f7 but I truly believe it is a select few and that for the most part the company has rectified the situation.

Too damn bad its supposed to be +8 degrees celsius tomorrow! :(

Any tips for me!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was gonna add that at the bottom, but forgot.

Now I need a new name but I will get that figured out very quickly.

I hope you are right rob....although, I wouldnt be riding one if I didnt think so

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Rev

I hope you read my reply on your first post about which way to go F7 or Rev...I told you Pete in Selkirk would take care of you...Great choice on the F7...Its a great sled in my Opinion !

Was out at Netley Creek on Saturday and ran some of the big boys... 8's and 9's ZR's....faired very well...for a stock sled....I hope that was not you on that Rev 600HO there also??? Sorry if it was...but didnt see you for long after the race got going..

Have a few tricks to add and it should be that much better....Bring on those ZR9's

Email me if you need some info ...I dont think it will hit +8 tomorrow anyway!

Captainkirk

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
How did you get the Special edition grapics? Did the dealer order it under his or her name?

Biggest tip, Watch the PDI being done, Make sure ALL the updates are done, and drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by northeaster@Jan 6 2003, 09:43 PM
If thats a spring order sled I would take extra caution I think the earlier ones seem to have more problems.
Spring order doesn't necessarily mean early build.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never asked how come they still had a special graphic sled left but I assume that it is because some one backed out of their order.

This dealer makes me feel confident that the sled will be ready to go and very reliable once I get it home.

CaptainKirk, yes I read your response and your vote of confidence towards the dealer definately made me pursue the matter further.
Thanks for the info and I am sure that i will be in touch with you in the near future, whether its for a ride in the netley creek area or for fine tuning this machine.

happy trails.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:D Congradulations, even if you do have a few problems stick it through,these sleds are worth the hassle!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
:huh: Let me also add that if this unit was spring ordered under someone elses name make sure the warranty gets transferred to you and get something in writing to prove that you are the first owner. When I purchased my 99 Zr 600 it was supposed to be a new unit (250 miles) and then blew the motor. Turns out that Iwas the third owner, spring order customer was the original, then was registered to whoever put the 250 miles on it, then myself. NO WARRANTY!!! Dealer covered me anyhow but who needs the stress?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Going to test again this weekend (Sat) around 12-2 on the creek hopefully...Hope I meet up with the 900 ZR that got by me...

Put on some miles on your sled before then and maybe we can hook up and see the diference between our "Stock" sleds :rolleyes:

Later
Captainkirk

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just showed my riding buddy who runs a REV 800 X your post. I thought he was going to cry! :( Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome aboard. What made you decide to buy an F7??

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What can I say....I love power!!!

I still have my rev and love it...its just that I am less than thrilled with my dealer.
So then I started looking for a new sled to ride and right off the bat I wanted something a lil different (in my area) and I wanted a good dealer.
After talking with Tomcats Motorsports in Selkirk, I knew that this was the dealer to go with.

I just wanna ride!!!!!!!

Also, let it be known that I am not unhappy with the powerr or the ride of my 600 ho rev. That 600 truly does pull hard!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
THE BLACK FIRECATS WERE THE FIRST BUILDS, SO THEY DO NEED MORE UPDATES INSTALLED
PRIMARILY THE STEERING HITTING THE HEAD, CHECK SERIAL # WHEN YOU GET IT AND GO TO BULLETINS PAGE THAT SHOULD HELP YOU OUT, IF THE DEALERS ON THE BALL THIS WILL ALREADY BE DONE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts