Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The course will be about 4 miles long per lap spread out across a lake. Each qualifying race will be 3-4 laps. There's suppose to be several long straight aways (1/2 to 3/4 miles long), but it sounds like theres going to be a lot of short straights with a lot of turns. I was on the lake last week and it was snow covered, but it was pretty bumpy. I'm assuming after a few heat races, the track should smooth out a little. I'm also sure all the corners will be down to ice rather quick. One problem I see is that they are putting anything 700cc or bigger into the open class!?? So that's what I'll have to run! They do have a trophy class on saturday, so I may just enter that instead of the $$ class. If I was to enter the $$ class, I'd race both days (if I qualified), but I'd also be eligible for a payout if I did half ass. hmmmmm? We're studding the track tonight and putting 10 inch carbides on as well. Otherwise my f7 standard is stock. Any tips or advice?

I've been attending radar runs and drags this winter which I've enjoyed, but I've always wanted to try some form of lake racing, so here it goes! I'll let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck! :)

Thanks,
NDF7

·
Registered
169 Posts
Run ice picks 4 per window, 204 in a Firecat, put in a tunnel protector, add the 4 wheel kit, and run picks on the outside bands as well.
10" competition carbides are good.
Run the 1/2" swaybar, or if really smooth run the 5/8".
Put in 3" of spacers in the front shocks.
Put in 1" of spacers in the rear shock.
Pull the straps tight to get 3" from top of rubber stopper to front shaft.
Set shock valving soft on the clickers if you have them.
Start with a new set of brake pads.
Turn up the idle as high as you can go without engagement.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info snopro. And yes, ccc and eskimo, I'll try keep the hammer down! Should be fun :p :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts