Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Rob for inviting us in.and to all the Firecat owners for letting us share :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Thanks Rob and to all involved. Lunch will be my treat :)

Mark

·
Registered
930 Posts
Welcome aboard everyone! Please let all of your Cat friends know about the new forum. We are on our way to having the best Cat resource on the web right here on Hardcoresledder! Marc

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cat is one big happy family, LOL, Heck I want to hear how the firecat's big brothers are doing. .

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Dec 8 2002, 02:28 PM
Hi all,
I'm knew to AC. And appreciate all the help from you guys. Think snow.
Well, you picked a fine machine to join the Pride with. ZR8's are very, very nice machines...Marc (ZR8 owner :D )

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Thanks,
I've always had Skidoos. Last one was a mxz670. Got a good deal on this sled last year. Its a 02 8 cce, green in color. Paid $5800, it was used 3 times and I was there all three times. The guy who bought it after a day of riding up in the Forks in Maine said he never wanted to get on a snowmobile again. He gave me an AC helmet, jacket, boots, gloves, oil, dolly, trailer tires, cover, communicator, gear bag. The sled has 96 woodys down the middle. V-force reeds with shaved head. Green screen kit, hole shot skid plate, and big boy springs. His receipts for everything totalled $11000. The original warrenty is up in a few weeks, but it does have the second year one. I'm not sure what that entails though. I think he got scared on it but I'm not sure. I sold the helmet, jacket and boots for $500 because they were too big for me. I just sold the mxz for $3000 and an old mx for $750. So I'm into this sled for about $1500. I just checked it over this weekend and everything looks good. Shockes and springs are fine, hoses aren't rubbed through. Braided line is still intact. I do need to check on if the recoil update was done. I got to ride the sled one weekend last April up in Rangely and was very impressed with the suspension. I wasn't beat up like I would have been on the MXZ. Thats my story. Think snow.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by ZR8Rider@Dec 8 2002, 08:06 PM
The sled has 96 woodys down the middle. V-force reeds with shaved head. Green screen kit, hole shot skid plate, and big boy springs.
All sounds good! The 96 studs sounds a bit light, you may want to consider adding on to get to 144. I am using 144 down the middle (192 pattern without outer belts). Hopefully this new forum will turn into a great place for ZR/ZL tuners to share information...Marc

·
Registered
76 Posts
ZR8Rider, Like Team Arctic said, your a little short on the studding with just 96. At the very least you should be running 144. Understudding a sled with the torque the big twin puts out is just asking for tearouts. And that 1 1/4" Preditor track will set you back a cool 500 bones or so to replace.

Is yours the carbed version or the fuelly?

Be sure to run Premium, or at the very least, midgrade fuel with that shaved head. The higher compression ratio will make it prone to pre-detonation if too low octane fuel is used.

btw.......... Nice sled!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Blackwolf,
I agree with you that 96 is understudded. Livingstons in NH set it up for the guy this way. I bought some more studs at the Freemont grass drags and am planning on adding some more. Yes it is the carb. version. Livingstons also added the reeds and shaved the heads. I don't know how much they took off, but I should at least check the squish. Two guys I know had to special order their sleds to get the carb. ones. One guy is a big AC guy and wanted carbs so they could make improvements, add pipes, etc... Both sleds were bought together. They guy I bought from just bought the exact sled the other guy was buying. Except one is all black and mine is green. The first time out the black one had a problem. Less than two miles on it and a part that is pressed on in the front loosened up and fell off. Lost all its antifreeze. The guy behind him was able to stop him right away. They towed it back to Enchanted Camps where they were staying and were able to repair it right away. No damage to the engine. He was lucky. This is my first Arctic Cat, hopefully I'll have good luck with it. Think snow, ZR8Rider.`

·
Registered
76 Posts
Cat wasn't planning on offering the 02' 800 in anything other then EFI. But due to customers voiceing their desire for carbs during the spring .shows,(I was one of them) they gave the people what they wanted. THANK AC!!

Thats the second drain hose press fitting I've heard of that popped out. Unless you were riding with a guy that goes by the name of "Roadwarrior". :)

Happy trails!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tanks Rob,

I am a fellow Vermonter. I live and work in central VT around the Rutland area. I visit your area a couple of times a year with my son and some friends to sled and relax on the best trail system in the east. I check your weather cam every day. Man, you guys are in the ice box up there. It's always 10 to 15 degrees colder than here. I know your elevation contributes to those lower reading because I work in the mountains around here and it truely is a different world. I will look for you out on the trails. Let's see a red F7, there shouldn't be more than 2,000 of those out there. Good luck with the new ride. I know this is a new brand for you this year, so enjoy the opportunity to try something totally different. I own three cats. A '98 T-Cat, ZR800CC and ZR500CC Happy Trails. Arnie :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
ZR8 Rider-
Welcome to the real world!! They say once you go green you never go back, especially to yellow. Stud that thing and you will be all set. Just got a '03 ZR 900 with 198 pics, it hooks up good. Good Luck with your AC, I'm sure you will be happy.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Hi people....I'm Track....I'm running a black 900 ZR Sno-pro....have done well with it so far...but will be looking for tuning tips through the season....THANX for having me!!!!!!! I'll do my best to carry the Cat flag here in Manitoba....Track

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Stud Boy,
I hope youre right. The group I ride with is mostly cats, a couple of MXZ's and a couple of Edges. To be honest with you the Cats are the ones that are always giving us the problems. Cats are 2 t-cats, 2 zrt6's, 2 zr8's , 2 zl I think they are 580's or something like that. The AC are the ones always breaking. Don't know if it poor maintenance, luck or what. Just my experience. Hope I have luck with it. I've spent the last few nights going through it. Did find the small hose people aretalking about. It was worn halfway through. I replaced it. Everything else looks good. Think snow ZR8Rider.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
:D Hello to all,
Nice to be cruising a site where the info is high and the bashing is low.
:wub: Great looking site + nice folks :wub:
I'm riding a green 02 ZR-800 cce carb, great sled and lovin every minute of it.
Rick.

Man I had to edite, can't spell tonight.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Track, you're not the lone Manitoban here anymore, lol
Hello to everybody, this is the Green Monster, I currently am running a 02 Zr 800 CC and have owned nothing but Cats since I started with a 73 Cheeta 400 followed by a 89 El Tigre EXT, 96 ZRT 600, and a 98 Zr 600 fuelie before the 800.
This looks like a great site to participate in and I hope all of us have a safe and enjoyable season, where's the dang snow, It's not here !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts