Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will be showing up this year? glad that everything is back at lakewoods this year. hopefully we will see some more side racing compared to last year.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ill be there and 10 others with, could care less about the racing. Ive heard trails need some snow (fingers crossed) .

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm heading up with 8-9 buddies on Thursday afternoon. Staying at lakewoods. Disappointed the radar run isn't going to happen again this year but that's mother nature. Excited to watch the outlaws again, they are awesome!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
We have room for the GF but not you.... haha
You sure? 39 year old athletic blonde... she's not bad either. :lol:

But if trails are decent enough to ride I plan to make the trip. My only ridding buddy just sold his sled a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Haha. We usually don't ride much this weekend but we did take a cruise up to Grandview and Drummond last year otherwise we just watch racing. I've had enough trail riding for the year. :)

According to the Namakagon trail groomers this morning the base is still in excellent shape. I'd think your still good???

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Haha. We usually don't ride much this weekend but we did take a cruise up to Grandview and Drummond last year otherwise we just watch racing. I've had enough trail riding for the year. :)

According to the Namakagon trail groomers this morning the base is still in excellent shape. I'd think your still good???
Hopefully. Don't plan to do big mile rides maybe just a few local watering holes and get some food.

·
Registered
939 Posts

I know one of the groomers personally who I speak to 2 times a week for business and the base is good but NOT excellent . Lakes are Excellent ......Trails got beat pretty good this last weekend and they will this weekend as well. He said they need snow bad to keep things in good condition. Put it this way the people who rate the conditions are always telling a little white lie... in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I know one of the groomers personally who I speak to 2 times a week for business and the base is good but NOT excellent . Lakes are Excellent ......Trails got beat pretty good this last weekend and they will this weekend as well. He said they need snow bad to keep things in good condition. Put it this way the people who rate the conditions are always telling a little white lie... in my opinion.
trails are rock hard ice at the moment here, if it warms up again and we don't get snow, fubar'd.

where's the event held at exactly? maybe I'll ride up in the truck for amusement and avoid the trails.

·
Super Moderator
36,446 Posts
Groomers are unable to go up some hills as the base has ice under a dusting of snow, they have jackknifed several times which can be a nightmare to get out of, the drag usually must be disconnected and then re-hooked after turning the drag in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’ve got plans to go with some friends. But I’m looking at the 10-day forecast thinking, this is not good. Above freezing every day. I’m trying to be optimistic, we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bowed out of the trip to Hayward this coming weekend. The forecast high of 37 Friday, 51 Saturday and 57 Sunday probably means Friday will be the only day to ride the trails. I just didn’t want to make the trip for a day of riding potentially marginal conditions. Maybe I’m wrong. Some of the boys are still going to get what they can. I’ll tell them to send me pics to show I made the wrong choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
We rode through Lakewood’s last night and everyone is parked on the lake ready to race. They should have a good crowd moving the races to Friday. Saw quite a few sleds running around. The 2” plus of snow definitely helped the riding.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts