Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like something is going to happen next week. Question is how long will it last.

[attachment=279269:iws5_430_1_.jpg]

[attachment=279272:iws7_430_1_.jpg]

Brutal cold waves are a trait of January. They occur when the jet stream takes on a greater north-to south component. This is called a high amplitude pattern, which is able to dislodge bitter cold from arctic regions and transport it southward into the lower 48 states. This evolution is expected to occur throughout North America over the next two weeks. Get ready; winter is coming!

Story by AccuWeather.com Expert Senior Meteorologist John Kocet.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Mostly mean it's just going to be cold ,, very little snow when it comes in cold,,,R2R[/b]
Ahhhhhhhh, but run that cold air over our 8 degree above average Great Lakes Waters and we have a instant snow making machine :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh, but run that cold air over our 8 degree above average Great Lakes Waters and we have a instant snow making machine :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:[/b]

Yes, The wonderful snow machine!! Been waiting for some one to turn it on myself! :fluffy: :fluffy: :lol2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, greetings from Finland, Europe. We're having same problem here, now snow in south Finland, an it was the warmest December ever. We usually have 15-30 cm (0,5-1 ft) snow at New Year, now there's zero. I still believe we are going to get winter here before April :div20:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Mostly mean it's just going to be cold ,, very little snow when it comes in cold,,,R2R[/b]

It usually directs storms riding the jet stream right at good old Newfoundland. Hope to get a cold blast first, that warm air is going to take the 2' of frost and alot of the ice we got now over the weekend.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it.. Weathermen are full of shit[/b]

I agree. Accuweather lost my respect after their Christmas "Nor Easter" predictions weren't even in the ballpark.

The other day I checked the weather before I went to bed and were calling for a high of 36 deg F. I woke up 7 hours later it was 48.......I mean 4 or 5 deg I can understand, but 12.....You're fired.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it.. Weathermen are full of shit[/b]
:withstupid:

·
Registered
363 Posts
+ 16 celcius or 62F in Gatineau, Quebec for this weekend.

I guess, I'll have a few beers on the deck and a Cuban :smoke: looking at my snowchecked yam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.