Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any issues with these? I cannot get the clickers to turn independently of each other. I cannot turn the inner black clicker without turning the outer(high speed clicker) with it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You should be able to turn inner black knob independent of outer but when you turn outer the inner will turn but doesn’t change setting.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if it's just stuck but it's in an inconvenient place to say the least.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Not sure if it's just stuck but it's in an inconvenient place to say the least.
Which shock or on all of them? I have had low speed knob stuck before but just turned it hard enough and it broke free. It’s like when they assemble them they tighten the screw holding knob on without holding knob from turning thus jamming lo speed adjuster.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Only the rear track shock
Has it always been this way? Assembly tolerances can be the problem. The small low speed knob can be tightened up against the large high speed knob. If that's the case, they are bound together by friction and won't turn independently.

If you can, loosen the low speed knob a little and see if you can now turn them independently. If that fixes it, you'll have to figure out how to make things fit correctly. Filing? Only tighten it just enough to not bind and lock tite the screw?

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
I had a front shock do that. What I found was the high speed adjuster took a hit from something. And just folded edge in enough to stop black from turning I tapped it out with a drift all good since.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help. I won't get to it till Sunday but will update what I find out. I'll have to pull the idler wheels off to get better access.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update...after removing the idler wheels, with the help of 2 pliers I was able to get them turning independently of each other. I think this could be designed better..poor location and can't imagine anyone doing much adjusting out on the trail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts