Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2000 XCR 800 that I was comtemplating on rebuilding the water pump on. The mechanical seal is around $45 Cnd and the 2 bearings are $43 a piece! That' doesn't include any gaskets if needed.

$43 a bearing? That's crazy. I remember someone had rebuilt their waterpump and outsourced the bearings somewhere else and they were alot cheaper. They even had part numbers for the bearings that matched the Polaris ones exactly.

Does anyone have this information?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by sixpack@Oct 7 2005, 04:26 PM
I've got a 2000 XCR 800 that I was comtemplating on rebuilding the water pump on.  The mechanical seal is around $45 Cnd and the 2 bearings are $43 a piece!  That' doesn't include any gaskets if needed. 

$43 a bearing?  That's crazy.  I remember someone had rebuilt their waterpump and outsourced the bearings somewhere else and they were alot cheaper.  They even had part numbers for the bearings that matched the Polaris ones exactly.

Does anyone have this information?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914946
[/quote]

$45 for seal sound right, I think I bought bearings at dealer- no way would I pay $43. I'll check bills when I get home. I saved one bearing cause it was good so at the least i can give you generic pn.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still can't believe it the dealer told me $43 Canadian per bearing? That's crazy. Even $45 for the seal is a rip. Cripes, it's going to cost me $150 just to put 2 bearings and a seal in my waterpump. I have 2 of them to do.....another one on our XCR 700!!

I thought I remember someone outsourcing the bearing at a Bearing supply retailer for something like $9 each? that I can stomach...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
OK CDN prices

in 2003 my pump failed on XCR on a ride and got the parts in an emergency as:
3085145 bearing $29.05
3085286 bearing $21.34
3085384 mech seal $35.56

in may 2005 I replaced my mechanical seal and bearings on my 02 xc700 for good measure. The parts "look" the same as XCR. Now as I remember I freaked at the local dealer when he told me prices for bearings. I bought the bearings - exact bearing from (what I think) is an expensive bearing outlet for around $8.00 each

bearings in xc 7 are 6002DU series by NSK
mech seal on xc7 pn 3610067 $26.99

If I get a chance to figure out xcr bearing series I will post. I am confident you can take it apart and take bearings to a local supplier.

A high performance jack shaft bearing is $150 at Polaris, $18.00 for a quality "high performnce" NTN at Royal Dist.

I have the full service manual for xcr and xc for mechanical seal installation so if you have ant questions I can reference it. Iknow setting seal spring tension (length) was important. No worries, Bob

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
oh yeah, servicing it ahead of time will eliminate breakdown on trail but more importantly, save the water pump shaft and gear. pn 3085269- $237.79 ! FOR XCR ONLY, xc's use belt

It's an easy job, take your time with a clean work area. Good Luck :div20:

·
Registered
285 Posts
bearings don't come out real easy
make sure you replace all parts that seal to each other.
i learned the hard way. i tried to cheap out and the pump leaked again
i replaced everything the next time and it was fine
should have done it right the first time.

probably have to heat the cover or hydrolic them out

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I had mine done by the local dealer here, and it cost me $225.00.

pricey but some pre-entive maintenence is better than a hurt motor for sure, of finding out it's too late and ya need a whole new WP at close to 500 + possible a set of pistons rings and a hone or bore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts