Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The book says the ohm test should be like 2400ohms at room temp and 130 ohms at boiling temp.My sensor read like 4ohms at room temp and .8 in hot water.Ordered a new one and it read same as a my old one.Did anyone ever change one and have a bad one from the factory.

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
The book says the ohm test should be like 2400ohms at room temp and 130 ohms at boiling temp.My sensor read like 4ohms at room temp and .8 in hot water.Ordered a new one and it read same as a my old one.Did anyone ever change one and have a bad one from the factory.[/b]
You better check your meter for proper calibration, or use the correct scale. I tested my old one and a new one and they both checked correctly.

Finally tied the low rpm problem on mine to a bad/binding secondary sheave.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Does anybody know if there is a linear relationship from temp to resistance on these I am thinking my problem with my Classic is the temp sender. I tried to check mine by running the sled and checking the temp with a hand held point and shoot thermometer. I over shot the 68 degrees by a few degrees and then checked it as the temp went up and did the math for a proportion and the numbers don't match. Do you think I need to take it out and heat to 68 degrees?

·
Registered
330 Posts
You better check your meter for proper calibration, or use the correct scale. I tested my old one and a new one and they both checked correctly.

Finally tied the low rpm problem on mine to a bad/binding secondary sheave.[/b]
Interesting... I would have thought that would increase the RPM. Still have not solved my low RPM issue. Checked motor mounts and torque arms, compression, squish, water temp sending unit, TPS, belt, lighter weights in primary, new buttons in secondary, wiring to key switch. checked to make sure there was no corrosion in the electrical plugs and that they are tight ect. Working on making up some tools to check crank phasing and timing. Had one cylinder with a substancial amound less squish than the others. This cylinder also had the most compression.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Interesting... I would have thought that would increase the RPM. Still have not solved my low RPM issue. Checked motor mounts and torque arms, compression, squish, water temp sending unit, TPS, belt, lighter weights in primary, new buttons in secondary, wiring to key switch. checked to make sure there was no corrosion in the electrical plugs and that they are tight ect. Working on making up some tools to check crank phasing and timing. Had one cylinder with a substancial amound less squish than the others. This cylinder also had the most compression.[/b]

if you can get ahold of another secondary off another sled similar..try that...believe me i had the same issues..replaced the butons..everything looked gud in there..but believe me ..we couldnt see what the diff. was but it def was the isssue..try it only takes a few mins. i tried all the abov what you did also...even made ground cables for all the coils so theyd ground even better..was fed up with the machine..anyways..try it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts