Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what hose people have been cutting into to add a water temp probe on the firecats.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
There are proper sized fittings for the coolant hoses now, which makes putting them in a *LOT* easier. Prior to the fittings, we had to put a 7/8" temp sensor fitting into a hose that was like 5/8" or something to that effect.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
the correct placement is the hose underneath not by the secondary. that's where the coolant comes out the hottest. if you put it anywhere else it has already been through a heat exchanger(s)

·
Registered
411 Posts
been reading alot about this lately and everyone has their own opinion as to were to put the sensor T ... i remember when the 02 sno-pro came out talking with Greg Spalding at the arctic cat race seminar, he stated very clearly that he felt the best place to measure the temperature on this design of engine was after the cooling of the fluid,prior to going back through the engine.....i would guess that he knew what he was talking about as he was involved with developing this engine type...so by what he said it should be placed after the front cooler,before the engine or as close to this as you can get..i think the idea of this is to make sure the fluid is cooled off enough so that when it goes through the engine it is cooling it down....worring about how hot/cold it is when it comes out of the engine is kind of pointless for indicating how much/or not enough of a cool down the fluid is receiving through your cooling system.....

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
if you are monitoring the temp of the incoming coolant it just proves you are running in good conditions and your cooling system is working good. this doesn't show how your motor it running or if it is warmed up or if you should give it time to cool down after riding through town and not just hammer down on it right away. plus you have an early warning before the stock dummy light starts flashing. i would rather monitor what is coming out to help with actual engine monitoring. i guess both ways have their benefits but i like knowing what's coming out of my motor to see how it's running especially with a big bore

·
Registered
384 Posts
Originally posted by bad brad@Oct 17 2005, 06:04 PM
been reading alot about this lately and everyone has their own opinion as to were to put the sensor T ... i remember when the 02 sno-pro came out talking with Greg Spalding at the arctic cat race seminar, he stated very clearly that he felt the best place to measure the temperature on this design of engine was after the cooling of the fluid,prior to going back through the engine.....i would guess that he knew what he was talking about as he was involved with developing this engine type...so by what he said it should be placed after the front cooler,before the engine or as close to this as you can get..i think the idea of this is to make sure the fluid is cooled off enough so that when it goes through the engine it is cooling it down....worring about how hot/cold it is when it comes out of the engine is kind of pointless for indicating how much/or not enough of a cool down the fluid is receiving through your cooling system.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=935776
[/quote]

:div20:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If anybody is looking for a tee I have them in stock. 03's need 3/4 nipples and 04-05-06 use 7/8 nipples. They are anodized red or blue, are very compact, and have a life time warranty!!!

Call to order $29.95

1-810-664-3987 m-f 8-3pm.

Todd

:div20: :banana: :div20: :banana: :div20:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i prefer to measure the (circulating) coolant with closed thermostat , the hose from waterpump to throttlebodies :

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts