Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i was looking at putting a water temp gauge in my F7, but wanted to know who had done it, how it turned out, how difficult, etc...but more importantly, did it work? Any pics or extra info is appreciated!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have one. I never ride a sled with out one. I like to know what the sled is running at for a temp all the time. It is not that difficult. Took me about 1 hour. My advice is get one.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i did it and put the sendsor on the cold side, the hose going into the bottom of the coolant tank, it was the easiest place to install the fitting. on avg the temp gauge stays at the bottom 105 but when i get into low snow conditions you will see it rise , it really does not matter where you put it because you will know where your sled runs and when it will get warmer than normal, plus its used with the temp light,. putting the hole in the dash dopes take patiance though or else you will hit the headlight tab

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yep-I've got one on the return side like Dana-installed by my dealer. (a little pi$$ed about that). After riding with it I'll never go without one again. It's nice to see what's happening with the coolant. Like Dana said-even though it's on the return side, you still can see what is going on with the coolant temp. Reads about 105 normally-only had my check engine light blink one time at about 145 on the gauge. Pulled over immediately and let the sled cool down and packed the running boards with snow. It dropped back down to 105 and stayed there after that. Not much $$ for a lot of piece of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts