Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: I posted this in the pro x forum but though I might Get more responses here. Any help is greatly appreciated
Well this year I deceided to add a little more power to the pro x 700 and I just so happened to meet Mark Zaic from Legend Performance at the big east show last weekend. Last year I changed my cluthing around with 64g weights, almond/red primary, 70-44-46 helix and I think it is the red/blue reverse team spring. I also added boyesen rad valves, 420 jets, a 24 tooth top sproket and 144 woody's gold diggers.
My problem is that once I start to mod something it never ends. So I ended up sending Mark my primary clutch to be balanced, resufaced, and blueprinted since I'm have an issue blowing belts (6 belts in 1000 miles). Mark seems to think there is a problem in the primary, since I had the team replaced twice last year because the dealer couldn't find anything else wrong with the clutches.
Well anyways he is also flashing my cdi to match the clutch and head kit he's working on for me. My problem is that he recomends running a water temp gauge with all the work that will be done to the sled. I just want the extra reassurence incase it starts to run to hot. I just cant figure out how to hook one up. I know it screws into the little nipple on the frontside of the head, but what happens to the probe and wires that are in the stock head?
If someone has installed one, can you please give me a walk through on the install process with what wires are connected where and any other things you can come up with. I haven't ordered the gauge yet, I was thinking something like a cyberdyne since its digital and easy to read. Any input is greatly appricated.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,144 Posts
SLP makes a tee that goes in the hose wherever you want it, and has the threaded female port to install another sensor, while leaving the stock sensor in the original place. The tee is the cleanest way to go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 10 2005, 03:47 PM
SLP makes a tee that goes in the hose wherever you want it, and has the threaded female port to install another sensor, while leaving the stock sensor in the original place.  The tee is the cleanest way to go.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920226
[/quote]

Ditto. HPE also has this tee. Thats where I got mine. The tee has a 1/8 npt threaded port for the sensor and fits a 1" ID hose.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 10 2005, 03:47 PM
SLP makes a tee that goes in the hose wherever you want it, and has the threaded female port to install another sensor, while leaving the stock sensor in the original place.  The tee is the cleanest way to go.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920226
[/quote]

by any chance can you tell me what brand gauge you are using? I see that that the westach gauges need a ac adapter or something like that. Did you need one?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am running an Avenger and do not need to convert ac to dc like you have to do with the westach analog gauge. Hooking that up is not a big deal and it is a very small part. When I had my westach that I purchased from SLP at that time the rectifier came with the gauge and also VERY detailed instructions. Very simple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts