Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this year I deceided to add a little more power to the pro x 700 and I just so happened to meet Mark Zaic from Legend Performance at the big east show last weekend. Last year I changed my cluthing around with 64g weights, almond/red primary, 70-44-46 helix and I think it is the red/blue reverse team spring. I also added boyesen rad valves, 420 jets, a 24 tooth top sproket and 144 woody's gold diggers.
My problem is that once I start to mod something it never ends. So I ended up sending Mark my primary clutch to be balanced, resufaced, and blueprinted since I'm have an issue blowing belts (6 belts in 1000 miles). Mark seems to think there is a problem in the primary, since I had the team replaced twice last year because the dealer couldn't find anything else wrong with the clutches.
Well anyways he is also flashing my cdi to match the clutch and head kit he's working on for me. My problem is that he recomends running a water temp gauge with all the work that will be done to the sled. I just want the extra reassurence incase it starts to run to hot. I just cant figure out how to hook one up. I know it screws into the little nipple on the frontside of the head, but what happens to the probe and wires that are in the stock head?
If someone has installed one, can you please give me a walk through on the install process with what wires are connected where and any other things you can come up with. I haven't ordered the gauge yet, I was thinking something like a cyberdyne since its digital and easy to read. Any input is greatly appricated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The sensor you get with the kit (I installed the Polaris kit) is installed "in-line". You cut into one of your water lines and insert the sensor there. Basic wiring for the rest (live-ground....).

·
Registered
87 Posts
i bought a avenger 2 egt/water temp gauge to monitor my hopped up 800. it mave have cost more than just a temp gauge but its added insurance if something happends to my motor as i have to much invested! i should have it by tuesday and i will post back when i install. :polaris_rules:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
is this guage designed to work on a snowmobile charging system,
you might need a rectifier

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
honestly once you have a water temp gauge you will want to add a aux cooler. I did the same thing to both my prox and xc , they both run hot ! the m-10 kit that polaris sell for the 2002 xc 600 with m-10 is about the cheapest thing you can do . Also if your good with fabing up stuff SPL sell the aluminum extrusion that you can make your own, in the end it may cost you about 150.00 for all the parts but on my 700-800 cc sleds I want to run cooler then they do even with the aux coolers. If I was making one I would put about a 20" long strip of the stuff that slp sells in the polaris cooler location and buy the polais hoses to connect it at the rear of the tunnel. The polaris kit is about 12~14" long by about 6~7" wide. Like stated in the other post if its a polaris gauge you need the "t" fitting in the upper rad hose, leave the factory sensor where it is the CDI box need that where it is!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Qwestion for ya polarisfanaic When mark reprograms your CDI does he remove the DET. And does his head have the location for the DET lead.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by The Big Dog@Oct 9 2005, 08:31 AM
Qwestion for ya polarisfanaic When mark reprograms your CDI does he remove the DET. And does his head have the location for the DET lead.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917578
[/quote]

I believe he does remove the det but I don't remember. I do remember him saying though that he personally maps out the cdi, but a friend of his works for the race department at polaris and his friend is the one who actually does the reprograming. My buddy has an 03 edge x 800 and mark is doing the samething to his sled as mine. He promised us everything will be in our hands by the 25th of october, so I can let you know then, when I get everything back then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts