Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some how i am getting water ie snow in my chain case. I have no leakage of fluid could it be the top seal on the jackshaft and how hard is it to change. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I have it and never powerwashed or washed at all. Its just moisture as far as I can tell. On below zero days its not frozen. I will pull chaincase cover after the season is over anyways.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i changed the fluid and went out and rode sled. I still have the prob and i hadent washed it since i put in new fluid dealer said it was the bearing and seal on lower gear going out . Gonna check it out today.

·
Registered
586 Posts
It's condensation, it's worse if you store your sled in a heated garage. How can water get through the lower bearing if oil is not getting out?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dont ask me thats just what they said looked at it last nite with a mirror and it ahs a slight amount of oil on the outside of the bearing. There is no puddle of oil under the sled, maybe it is only when the sled is in motion when the water gets into it

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's called condensation. Every time you ride your sled, the oil warms up and cools off. It's actually worse if you leave your sled outside. Mainecat is right.... Shock oil looks the same after one season.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rode for the last 3 seasons and always check the oil never had this prob before.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was a cracked lower chaincase bearing. Thanks to everyone for there input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts