Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the cottage on the weekend. In ALL my years of sledding I have never seen a year where our bay has not been frozen by Christmas. Well this is a first - Jan 7, 2007. :flush:

The ground is not froze, there is a TON of water in the bush and the lake is pretty much wide open with the exception of a skim of ice in a couple of the smaller bays.

If this mild, shitty winter keeps up the way it has been going we will be lucky to be riding by February because unless the trial is a rail bed or forest access road, you will be SOL on the bush trails.

Woke up this morning and there was some ice just starting to form on the bay. Pretty cool, didn't know it froze from the center.

Worst thing that could happen right now is we have a couple cold nights to get a skim of ice and then a big dump of snow. If it did this it would take forever to freeze. :frech32:

Anyway, here is a couple of pics I took showing the depressing conditions.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
"Sounds serious! I hope we're not too late!"

[attachment=281129:waahmbulance.jpg]

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
up here in northern Ontario we have been using our ice road since mid december, we have at least 12-17 inches of ice on wabigoon, and a good 8-10 on thunder lake where i live

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:bum: :joint:

:dohdoh:

·
Registered
399 Posts
:beerchug:[/b]
Ya Same here, I have 3-4' of pure water all across this lovely lake of Chemong, Why would you want rub this crap in on the southern boy's? EH :dunno:
Thanks for the support :sleep3: :banghead:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Went to the cottage on the weekend. In ALL my years of sledding I have never seen a year where our bay has not been frozen by Christmas. Well this is a first - Jan 7, 2007. :flush:

The ground is not froze, there is a TON of water in the bush and the lake is pretty much wide open with the exception of a skim of ice in a couple of the smaller bays.

If this mild, shitty winter keeps up the way it has been going we will be lucky to be riding by February because unless the trial is a rail bed or forest access road, you will be SOL on the bush trails.

Woke up this morning and there was some ice just starting to form on the bay. Pretty cool, didn't know it froze from the center.

Worst thing that could happen right now is we have a couple cold nights to get a skim of ice and then a big dump of snow. If it did this it would take forever to freeze. :frech32:

Anyway, here is a couple of pics I took showing the depressing conditions.[/b]
What lake is that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.