Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I noticed my hood cables are cutting into my airbox while the hood is open.

Another fit and finish f-up by CAT.

You may want to re-mound the screws to avoid this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The way my cables are fastened to the frame, I don't see how they could NOT rub the airbox. Can someone (who's cables don't rub) please post a picture of how/where the cables are attached to the frame?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
After reading this post, I went out to the garage and checked mine. They too were rubbing. I ended up putting some rubber hose over the cable from the eyelet mount into the frame to just beyond the rubbing point on the airbox. Should be fine now.

You can also loosen the bolt/screws and turn the eyeletes outward to help minimize the rubbing, but I feel that putting the rubber hose over the cables is a better fix.....
-John

·
Registered
394 Posts
Damm guys , i'm sure theres a pimple on your ass if you look close enough!
Close the hoods and go play with your girlfriends untill it snows!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
no pimples on my ass but now I have 3 inches of fuel line on each wire. Problem solved in under 10 minutes. Also, took starter off an put on a new rope. That was much longer.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
is cat offering to fix this rope problem, how many pulls untill it breaks,
has anyone ever noticed when you go to a arctic cat dealer in any of the snow hot spots the dealers will no fix anything under warranty
in munising, mi their a.c. dealer never will fix anything under warranty, even on sled with 10 miles on it,
well heres my theory, they take your cash for the repair, write down your serial # and turn hours into cat,
for warrranty(i call this double dipping)

·
Registered
65 Posts
a new rope is part of the pull cord bullitin. I wouldn't use that rope long, it will fail when you need it the most. My dealer is great about work...never charges me unless it's a crash.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
my local dealer in il, is great they do all they can for me, it just the dealers up north they know you are in a jam so what are you going to do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts