Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding out of Transcona on jan2 with some buddies,enjoying my new Apex GT.Cruising along the top of the floodway,started coming up to a green snow fence,turned to follow the trail through it.Wham stopped dead in my tracks flew up and on top of the handlebars,shredded yamaha jacket on handlebar hooks,bent both upper and lower a arms and steering spindle on the left side.Priced out the parts 1000.bucks at least.My buddies and I marked the steel post with a wooden stick marker,and unburried it.Don't know why its there,but it could easily kill somone if hit straight on at a higher speed.I will try to post pictures as I am going to take some for autopac.Luckily I was only going about 30mph at the time,so carefull when you come up to those green snow fences and the green bridge just east of transcona on the floodway! :banghead: :div20:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think the province issued a bulletin telling everyone to stay out of and away from the Floodway, because it's a construction zone. I'm not bashing you just saying with the construction there is also monitoring going on and sometimes there are pipes and monitoring equipment pushed in the ground to monitor groundwater and such fun stuff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Floodway is not a good place to be sledding these days with so much work going on. Be very carefull when you are anywhere near that green fence.

Manitoba
Floodway Authority Room 200, 155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3H8
Phone: (204) 945-4900
Fax: (204) 948-2462
December 21, 2006
For Immediate Release
PUBLIC NOTICE
SNOWMOBILERS SHOULD AVOID
FLOODWAY CONSTRUCTION ZONES
Over the next four years, work on the Red River Floodway Expansion Project will create an “active construction zone” along the length of the floodway channel. This will mean that workers and heavy equipment will be on site at all times and new construction hazards will arise and change throughout the year.
As a result, the public, and in particular snowmobilers, should avoid travel on the floodway to ensure their safety and the safety of workers on the project. Please remember, workers operating heavy equipment are concentrating on the work they are doing and do not expect to have children or individuals – either on foot or snowmobile - in the vicinity of where they are working.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the construction site safe for the public and for floodway workers.
“Remember Ride Safe”
-30-
Manitoba Floodway Authority,
(204) 945-4178, (204) 945-4900, or (204) 793-3969 (cell)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was riding at the floodway today and some guy from CTV asked me some questions about the floodway. SAid it would be on the news tomorrow morning. I probably looked like an idiot decided to go sledding instead of sleeping after a 14 hour night shift plowing snow.

Ended up riding for a long ass time though, thanks to the guy who helped me get my sled unstuck from a buried tree limb off garven if he's on here. Fuck I was stuck good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
O MY i live right behind the flood way and i go on it all the time. You deffinitly have to take it easy for sure on there because sometimes youll find the strangest stuff such as frames of stolen cars furnaces, and my friend actually rolled her sled on a couch there. Dont know why people think its a garbage dump..... jerks

·
Registered
100 Posts
YEP i can vouch for that floodways sucks especailly with all this new snow now all the nice big rocks hiding at the bottom are covered up my nieghboor busted up his ski last year just trying to get across it one rock or pole or couch hiding under the snow is all it takes srry to hear about that pole where exactly is that pole right behind transcona?

·
Registered
757 Posts
That couch from 3 years ago ,my chiropracter worked on a guy who hit it when he was riding at nite. He{the chiro}told me about that person while I was in for back probs due to writing off my sled in an un marked drainage ditch.
The guy who hit the couch faked himself up pretty bad. Mind you....so did I ,lol...........damn ditch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.