Hardcore Sledder banner

warranty

927 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  skikvt 
#1 ·
so if we do our own ratio test and it's in range and do not want to have the dealer touch it will we have warranty problems if it does burn down ? i am running 56 to 1 and do not want my dealer to do anything to it.but if i do have a problem i don't want them to say sorry you dident have all the updates done :wacko:

#2 ·
Originally posted by switta@Feb 9 2003, 11:01 PM
so if we do our own ratio test and it's in range and do not want to have the dealer touch it will we have warranty problems if it does burn down ? i am running 56 to 1 and do not want my dealer to do anything to it.but if i do have a problem i don't want them to say sorry you dident have all the updates done :wacko:
they still have to cover it.

have you been contacted for any of the "updates"? I haven't, and I don't know anyone that has.

#3 ·
I was at my dealers back, my buddie's f7 wouldn't start, smart valve prob. They did all his updates & gave me all the kits for mine took about an hour. Smart valve, fuel pump hanger, longer bolts for front susp. & end caps. Also new handlebar clamps.

#5 ·
ya im just a little rich ! but it's better then to lean . if i take it to my dealer i would think it would come back to rich. i don't know what to do :wacko: :wacko: o and yes rob my dealer did call me and want's me to bring it in! they have called me for all my updates.

#7 ·
MY DEALER HAS NOT NOTIFIED ME ON ANY OF THE UPDATES. The only I got them done, I had to get my hand warmer fixed so they did them then. I can't believe they don't phone or send a letter. I also wonder about the free certificates and oil? How do we get this? Will they notify me for that or no?

#8 ·
I called my dealer, and he looked up my vin # and pulled all the updates and made sure he had the parts. The oil adjustment was on the list as well.
He said unless it is a full blown recall, it is up to the owner to check with the dealer on updates, not for the dealer to call the owners.
I think it's a crock, but from previous posts here, it seems to be the way the dealer network is run as a whole.

Kevin

#10 ·
My dealer has called me to let me know about all of the updates. He called to let me know that we all would also be getting some coupons. Can't praise my dealer enough. From day one, when I ordered my F 7 they have gone out of their way to make me happy and to take care of me. - Brady's sales and service - Flint, Michigan
700 miles trouble free

#11 ·
went to my dealer tonight to get my hand guards i ordered back in mid dec they just came in :wacko: ( green acerbis) anyway we got to talking about this oil issue he told me at wide open you should be at 5:1 ratio and by making the rod shorter will do this ? also he said between 6000 and 6500 the ratio is to low and opening the pump up more will fix it even if your overall ratio is ok it will still be lean around this rpm without the fix :wacko: dammed if i do dammed if i don't ! :lol: is he just giving me a line of bs ?beacuse my brain cells just can't take it anymore :lol:

#12 ·
Originally posted by catfish@Feb 11 2003, 09:55 AM
I have a later built sled and had only the loger skid bolts and pull rope done to mine. The dealer called me two weeks ago and I got it back in 3 days.

catfish
I'd go nuts if it took 3 days to fix my sled! When I make an appointment, it is for a specific time and they do it when I walk in the door and I wait for it! My dealer knows I go out any free time I have and take great care of me. If a fix take two hours why do they need it more than that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.