Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two Buddies and I were at the gate at Hunters' last Friday evening for our first trip out this season. Had a great time , gone for a few hours , came back " TAILGATE STOLEN OFF 2006 BLACK DURAMAX CREWCAB CHEVY" Please lock your tailgates and whatever else you have on you. The honor systems I would say among Snowmobilers is strong, BUT, among everyone else BLOWS. Watch Yourself. Nothing PIs#*s me off more than that kind of crap.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Yeah, there's nothing worse than a thief ! After Tousan had his trailer bars stolen last year, I put everything in the truck from now on. I don't have a lock on my tailgate though, don't know how I'd prevent that from getting stolen, maybe a tack of weld inside the box. Thanks for the heads-up, good post ! :div20:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard you can put a stainless steel hose clamp around your pin on the tailgate . It won't stop them from taking it but It will make them work for it or move on to someone who doesn't have one.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
My two Buddies and I were at the gate at Hunters' last Friday evening for our first trip out this season. Had a great time , gone for a few hours , came back " TAILGATE STOLEN OFF 2006 BLACK DURAMAX CREWCAB CHEVY" Please lock your tailgates and whatever else you have on you. The honor systems I would say among Snowmobilers is strong, BUT, among everyone else BLOWS. Watch Yourself. Nothing PIs#*s me off more than that kind of crap.[/b]
asswholes

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know what I would do if I ever cought some thief after my gear...I guess the questions is would I go to jail after the fucker couldn't walk or talk anymore!!!

My buddy and I were just discussing this today, It seems there have been alot of break an enters around the area that I live. And I say if I ever found somoen inmy house I woulld shoot them. So what is the canadian law...do I go to jail??

damn theifs.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I would love to come down an catch somebody taking something i think that would be fun an if i could not kick the sh!t out of them.....sorry officer i lost the brakes on my sled :dunno: anyway boys i take my tailgate off when i have my sled on

·
Registered
189 Posts
This would be a good purpose for the DNR Officers. They could guard our trucks while we go play. At least they would be useful this way. I'll pay the extra $40 for that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I know all about that, had a Ford full size truck stolen. It newly rebuilt from the ground up (mostly done by myself, 4" susp lift, 3" body, 35's on Chrome, fresh paint job, tons of tools inside and the worst thing a new Formula SS 670 on the back with 700kms on it. Don't ever park your rig outside the hotel doors in the light and think it is safe. Even had it chained down. Woke up next morning and gone. That was rememberance day 1996. Still seems like yesterday.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I know all about that, had a Ford full size truck stolen. It newly rebuilt from the ground up (mostly done by myself, 4" susp lift, 3" body, 35's on Chrome, fresh paint job, tons of tools inside and the worst thing a new Formula SS 670 on the back with 700kms on it. Don't ever park your rig outside the hotel doors in the light and think it is safe. Even had it chained down. Woke up next morning and gone. That was rememberance day 1996. Still seems like yesterday.[/b]

Now THAT sucks !!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
And even to add to it, since I bought the sled on Saturday Nov 10, insurance company was closed, so no insurance on sled and called for insurance on truck and theis was a second vehicle and when I got insurance on it I didn't get collision and stupidly assumed I had fire and theft but guess what only had pl and pd. So no insurance at all. Really bad day. I was so pissed I when the next week and bought a new truck and a new Formula III and never looked back.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.