Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Riders, The latest service bulletin eludes to the fact that the lock washer can come lose on the Rail end caps. If this happens and the End Cap goes bye bye, you will be like me this last sunday sitting in the middle of no where land with a speared track.

If end cap comes off, here is the results:

Speared Track
Bent Rail
Shattered Inner Axle.

Worst of all, the down time

So everyone , ensure you check your end caps for tighteness prior to riding. It will save you a lot of stress!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SabercattF7@Dec 23 2002, 07:10 PM
yes I posted this a few days ago, and so did Rob.
I was sledding and not reading...

·
Registered
200 Posts
The '04s have had the end caps changed to a different part number. I know the rails are a different curve at the front on the '04s, but what's the difference in the caps?

I've noticed that in just a couple rides this season since switching to the 151x1.5 track that's only clipped on every other track rod, the end caps are taking a pretty good beating. So much so in fact that I'm going to replace them and pull the limiter strap up one hole to get some clearance between the cap and the clips. What I'm wondering is if I'd be better off with the new style end caps, or replacing mine with new ones that are like the ones I have now?

Could someone please post a pic of their '04 F sled end caps? I saw the sleds at the dealer's open house, but I didn't pay attention to the end caps since I hadn't noticed that mine were getting chewed up at that time.

Thanks, Johny Welch (huz)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Yeah, I wonder what the difference is too between the '04 and the '03 end caps. It looks like the '04 caps retail for nearly twice as much as the '03s, not that that's any big deal though. -- Roy

·
Registered
205 Posts
What's an end cap?? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
the black plastic end cap at the front of yer skid, right in front of where your sliders start.

mines a 128

·
Registered
151 Posts
THIS IS FOR 03s ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the date on the original message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the difference is between 03 and 04, but Cat will warranty any damaged end caps.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
THIS IS FOR 03s ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the date on the original message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what the difference is between 03 and 04, but Cat will warranty any damaged end caps.

QUOTE]
Mine is a 04 F7 and my end-cap is broken in half....dealers fixing it under warrenty

Track

·
Registered
562 Posts
:banana: :banana: :banana: Go to www.brownsleisureworld.com and pick out your year and model . Then pick out slide rail assembly!!! :div20: :firecats_rule: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :i_need_snow: :dance2: :banana: :banana: :banana:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts