Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with the f's having a hard time running after they have sat overnight. Mine wants to backfire and spit and sputter after it has had a chance to cool down. I've tried letting it warm up for as much as 20 minutes but that doesn't seem to make any difference. The sled runs great after a couple minutes of running rough.

I do have V3's in it.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
was there a big change in temp? The computer needs a while to reset itself. If you were to go riding and hammer it it would sputter then be fine

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Temperture typically drops, are when the engine has sat for some time. The motor will cut out anytime the throttle is used whether during idle are moving speeds.Smart valves have been updated.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outside temps. definitely are dropping problem seems to happen more when the sled sits over night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had this problem since day 1, took it back to the dealer. They said i had a faulty UPDATED smart valve. They replaced it again. Problem still there. But only first thing in the AM now. And only when the outside temp is around -10F or colder. Once you get up that first hill and the air temp rises the sled comes to life and 100mph no prob. Anyone know of any solutions? :wacko:

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
basically my point is that the computer needs a good wot to recalibrated it self to the change in outside air temp. Lets say it was 15 degrees out when you put it away and the next day it was 5 degrees the computer doesnt know what is going on untill the trottle is wide open.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks makes sense!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
None of my previous 12 ac's. Including two EFI's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My F7 has a bog problem when left overnight as well. It dosn't happen coming out of the garage. I have found that if I use the ethanol mode first thing in the morning for about 10 minutes then switch to regular it works fine. This leads me to beleave it is lean in regular mode when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Originally posted by GF7PE@Feb 18 2003, 06:41 AM
basically my point is that the computer needs a good wot to recalibrated it self to the change in outside air temp. Lets say it was 15 degrees out when you put it away and the next day it was 5 degrees the computer doesnt know what is going on untill the trottle is wide open.
Although I don't have any numbers at hand I would have to totally disagree with this. The computer readjusts for temp, fuel flow, timing, throttle position, etc several times a second. If not properly warmed up (which doesn't seem to be the case here) it will bog till warm. It is very cold blooded.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
there are many parts to the system that play a part in the game. Throttle position sensor is one, a quick wot puts everything in check.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts