Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warm winter prompts snowmobile safety concerns

TORONTO (CP) - Many in the snowmobiling industry say recent warm weather isn't cause for panic yet, but they are feeling an impact and are looking at the long-term fate of the recreational activity.

There are still no trails open in Ontario, though snow falling in central and northern parts of the province today is offering a glimmer of hope.

Craig Nicholson of the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs says while a January trail opening has happened before, the industry is talking about possible options should the current climate pattern become more permanent.

Those include rationalizing the trail system, or potentially sharing part of its 41-thousand kilometres of trails with A-T-Vs.

Some sled dealers in Nova Scotia say their sales are off at least 50 per cent this year, and a lack of snow in Prince Edward Island has meant fewer trail permit sales leaving the snowmobile association concerned about it's bottom line.

The Canada Safety Council says it's worried the late start to the season could lead to unnecessary snowmobile-related deaths or injuries, mostly due to unsafe ice conditions.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/01...3236242-cp.html

·
Registered
83 Posts
damn that avatar is too damn distracting... and the wife seems to always walk past my screen when i'm reading one of your posts... :)[/b]

I know bro. she's a beauty... That's a great pic Rev.

We must have fun but we must always return home.( in reference to article)

·
Registered
399 Posts
damn that avatar is too damn distracting... and the wife seems to always walk past my screen when i'm reading one of your posts... :)[/b]
Hey REV can you stop your avatar from moving or just slow it right down, please, and yes there is alot of safety concerns about the beavers and their lakes not freezing too!!! :div20:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts