Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temperatures up here in Pittsburg reached into the very low 40's. There has also been some light drizzle. Met some gentlemen (Hard Core Sledders) from New York up by Deer Mountain who reported that the trails were in surprizingly good condition. They didn't meet many sleds which is probably helping the situation. If the temperatures drop tonight, the trails should set up real nice. The trails are slushy towards the village and there are waterbars popping up in the traditional spots.

The crew from New York

Feeding the Jays!!

A Hard Core Sledder grooming the trails (Keith)

Let's hope for cooler temps to set things up!!

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
nice report, but it isnt looking good this week. sucks, we start off with a huge bang then mother nature takes it all away. what a BIT&^

·
Registered
588 Posts
What a bitch she is, Im going up thursday till sunday. Hopefully youngs store will have lots of beer. Somewhere up there should have the pats on too, we will see.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Thanks for the pics Ridgerunner. I thought you and MtnGoat was going to keep things cold till I get back up there!

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Boy, there is just no pleasing you guys. :whine: We get a January thaw every year. :yes: Mother Nature is just consolidating the snow pack and when it turns colder on Thursday they will set up again and the riding will be better than ever. :rockernana:

WHAT A BUNCH OF PESSIMISTS. :wall: LAST SEASON THE TRAILS WERE NOT EVEN OPEN AT THIS TIME.

Mark :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Mother Nature is just consolidating the snow pack[/b]

Oh that is what is called..... :tongue: :) I am going to need a few bottles of whine then with record warmth coming.... Besides we are helping the country by not using gasoline (or diesel for us diesel guys) for trips up north for awhile :censored:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Boy, there is just no pleasing you guys. :whine: We get a January thaw every year. :yes: Mother Nature is just consolidating the snow pack and when it turns colder on Thursday they will set up again and the riding will be better than ever. :rockernana:

WHAT A BUNCH OF PESSIMISTS. :wall: LAST SEASON THE TRAILS WERE NOT EVEN OPEN AT THIS TIME.

Mark :beer_cheers:[/b]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go easy my friend..... You have one very happy camper here. Was up there over the weekend and had one of the best snowmobile trips of my life. Brought a newbie up to and he to couldnt believe it. Thanks.

JasonsF7

G

·

OVR is right. People aren't happy unless they have something to complain about. It's the New England way.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts

haha, it all depends if i get my sled fixed. if i do, it will be the big thaw no more snow, if i leave it apart, you guys will get all kinds of winter weather. lol

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I have almost 500 miles on my sled this year and I haven't had to hook the trailer up once. No matter what this warm up does I am one happy camper with this season so far. Everything we have had is gravy, and you know there is more on the way!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
What a bitch she is, Im going up thursday till sunday. Hopefully youngs store will have lots of beer. Somewhere up there should have the pats on too, we will see.[/b]
I wouldn't recommend indian stream eatery for the game! Although thier food and drink are great, we were tortured two weeks ago by that place who thought it was funny to turn the volume up/down/up/down/up/down - of course it was mostly for the commercials, but the mute went well into a couple of plays each time, also the channel was "accidentally" changed multiple times! I wouldn't say they are football fans, at least not pats anyways - I'd rather listen to the game on the radio and pound beers at the camp

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wouldn't recommend indian stream eatery for the game! Although thier food and drink are great, we were tortured two weeks ago by that place who thought it was funny to turn the volume up/down/up/down/up/down - of course it was mostly for the commercials, but the mute went well into a couple of plays each time, also the channel was "accidentally" changed multiple times! I wouldn't say they are football fans, at least not pats anyways - I'd rather listen to the game on the radio and pound beers at the camp[/b]

I'll drink to that.

Also special thanks to the groomer on Trail 112 Friday night about 7PM made the ride to camp perfect.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Everything we have had is gravy, and you know there is more on the way![/b]
it just sucks getting through the crappy weather to get to the good weather. thats why people are complaining!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts