Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was running yesterday fine when about freezing, and then when warmed up a few degrees, clutch side cylinder too rich- fouling plugs. Put in a new plug , and after 50 feet soaked again. Did this to 3 plugs. A buddy on a ZR600 EFI ran into the same problem within 10 minutes!!!!

Is this an EFI sensory weakness or problem, or am I experiencing something new to the wonderful Firecat world of problems? Would really like to hear similar problems and solutions, as I am the only F7 up here experiencing this!

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
your bud had the same problem within 10 minutes??????
did you guys buy gas at the same place???
are you using iso?
i wish i could help more.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought gas in same place, but other 2 carb sleds did too, and no problems. Don't need iso at +5 degrees Celcius.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:lol: I still think you might have had bad gas . A spark plug fouls because the mixture in the cylinder can't ignite. If the fuel was frozen like you do not suspect the spark plug would still be fine.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The joys of EFI, they run way too rich when it is warm out. They do not lean out, they only richen up when it is too cold. I bought my last EFI!

·
Registered
482 Posts
We experienced the same thing yesterday at the races. It was about 55 degrees on the ice, and the starting line had 3 inches of water standing on it. When we canned the throttle, and started race, out RPMs wouldn't climb until the last 100' (660' track) and then the check engine light would start blinking and the sled would go into a rich mode. The engine or running boards were not hot, so it wasn't motor temp. Very frustrating day. The last race of the season, and the thing wouldn't run. All in all, we ended up with a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 5th. If it would have been running the way it usually does, we would have faired better.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
I say it had to be bad fuel also. 3 efi sleds and never had a problem in warm weather. In fact it usually got faster in warmer weather because the carb sleds were running way to rich. Made it seem faster anyway. They do lean out when the temps go up. EFI is the only way to go.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i own a zr800 carb with pipes and a zr600efi,rode friday night,it was around 22 degrees,went back out riding sunday,it was only supposed to be 54 degrees it ended up 68degrees,me,my son and my friend rode 65 miles,didnt jett down and both efi sleds ran alittle slow,but nobody fouled a plug and had a pretty decent ride w/ just helmets and sweat shirts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts