Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home 20 minutes ago from a road trip to the WSA trails (Wapsipinicon snowmobile association) A friend and I took the day off and got going early this AM to go to Independence to ride. Okay, so I went there tuesday also and it was so good, I went back. I am AMAZED at how much effort is put forth to establish and maintain the trail system. You must have some hardworking club members. I couldn't believe how many landowners let you ride on their property and how many sled bridges you guys have. That was some damn good riding! The trails are very well marked, the terrain varies and keeps things interesting. Great Job guys!!!! Here's the GPS map of where we rode:
[attachment=408639:Wapsipin...n_riding.JPG]

We managed to put 163 Miles on today including some riding on the river near quasqueton.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I just got home 20 minutes ago from a road trip to the WSA trails (Wapsipinicon snowmobile association) A friend and I took the day off and got going early this AM to go to Independence to ride. Okay, so I went there tuesday also and it was so good, I went back. I am AMAZED at how much effort is put forth to establish and maintain the trail system. You must have some hardworking club members. I couldn't believe how many landowners let you ride on their property and how many sled bridges you guys have. That was some damn good riding! The trails are very well marked, the terrain varies and keeps things interesting. Great Job guys!!!! Here's the GPS map of where we rode:
[attachment=408639:Wapsipin...n_riding.JPG]

We managed to put 163 Miles on today including some riding on the river near quasqueton.[/b]
It's good to hear you had a good time... there trails are great right now to bad it's going to get warm this weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's good to hear you had a good time... there trails are great right now to bad it's going to get warm this weekend.[/b]
Yeah, I was going to wait until saturday to ride but didn't think the conditions would be near as good as they were yesterday. And it was also nice to have the trails to ourselves. I saw the Dewar snowmobile club had their section that hooked up with WSA on the west side of Jesup groomed. I wanted to venture that way but ran out of time.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah, I was going to wait until saturday to ride but didn't think the conditions would be near as good as they were yesterday. And it was also nice to have the trails to ourselves. I saw the Dewar snowmobile club had their section that hooked up with WSA on the west side of Jesup groomed. I wanted to venture that way but ran out of time.[/b]
Its awesome what the Iowa clubs can do with a little snow!!
Do you think there snow cover will survive the warm up this weekend? If I get the xp back together Id like to go ride sunday.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Its awesome what the Iowa clubs can do with a little snow!!
Do you think there snow cover will survive the warm up this weekend? If I get the xp back together Id like to go ride sunday.[/b]
What happened to it??? :whistle:

·
Registered
862 Posts
What happened to it??? :whistle:[/b]
Hit a landscaping cinder crossing a driveway, hit it at about 10 mph, hit it just right and pushed the right side suspensoion back about a 1 1/2. Dealer ordered me the wrong A-arm a week ago but says the correct one will be in today.. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Hit a landscaping cinder crossing a driveway, hit it at about 10 mph, hit it just right and pushed the right side suspensoion back about a 1 1/2. Dealer ordered me the wrong A-arm a week ago but says the correct one will be in today.. fingers crossed.[/b]
Oh crap....I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully you will get it back up and running soon!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yeah, I was going to wait until saturday to ride but didn't think the conditions would be near as good as they were yesterday. And it was also nice to have the trails to ourselves. I saw the Dewar snowmobile club had their section that hooked up with WSA on the west side of Jesup groomed. I wanted to venture that way but ran out of time.[/b]
Good thing you didn't go this way or groomer is broke down out on the trail so they are rough. What did you think of that tunnel that the trail goes under the highway I barley made it with my high handlebars I had to get off and damn near crawl!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am glad that you enjoyed the trails. A lot of hardwork goes into maintaining those. The WSA 500 Grass Drag in Jesup, Ia is a fundraiser to help support the the club and also maintain the trails.

Come join us again this year on September 14th, 2008 in Jesup, IA for WSA 500. Work is already in progress and volunteers are welcome.

Carmen Erhardt #88

visit www.wsaiowa.com for more information

1 - 9 of 9 Posts