Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's I have said this elsewhere in this forum but keep hearing the same engine problems. Want to save your engine?. First make sure the coolant system is bled properly, from your dealer if your not sure what your doing. But the real secret to it all with these machines........LET THEM WARM UP LOTS, on intial start up. If it's been running all day don't worry about it, but if it has been sitting awhile or overnight let it warm up. 10 to 15 minutes in cold weather should be good. The reason why is obvious if you think about it. these are 700 cc TWIN engines that make 140hp! Everything in these engines are real tight tolerances and need heat and expansion in them before being run hard. I always let her warm up at least 10 minutes or longer depending on the temp outside and ride at only half throttle for at least 5 minutes. This might seem like an inconvienence to some but it's the nature of the beast. It's like owning a classic sports car. They all have some little thing that is unusual but it adds character. Anyway trust me let them warm up and you'll ride stress free.

speedmerchant

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree I have 1200 miles and 0 probs, let her warm up for 15 mins or so, and then ride slow for a bit she lets me no when she is ready to Rock! take car of you sled and it will take care of you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could get mine in the living room, what a great piece of artwork

speedmerchant

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree with you guys. I've got 1480 miles and no problems except a broken pull cord. I've also installed a temp gauge. They should come standard on these high performance machines. No guessing as to engine temp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts