Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm interestead in making a trip to Newfoundland. I'm looking for fresh powerder Jumps and unending hills were do i go and who's taken me. Robert Mac Donald. P.S. I'm bring lot's and lot's of Beer for after Partys.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I moved from Buchans 30 years ago and was last there in 1999. I had a great time on sled there. Next time I go I will have a long track 4 sure. :div20:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a proven fact that all us east coasters can party. But i got a treat for ya's it'll make you'r bloold run thin C ya's in JANUARY. :beer: :beerchug: :celebrating: :boxing:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Big Dog, when do you plan on going over? We were over the last 2 years in March. The boys will tell you that that will be the best time especially if you want to get into the hills cause Jan and Feb are too stormy. Maybe we can all hook up or something. The riding over there will actually blow the highlands away.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Count me in also.Trevor and myself were talking about taking this trip in March.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
800H.O. I had plains for late January but if you say March is the best time to go then i'll wate. FastCatZR900 we should gather up 10 or so people and head over with 800H.O. an his crew and well have our selves a Caper invasion. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
big dog, didn't read this thread before i wrote you abck. sounds like you're way ahead of me!

HO is right. if you wanna ride "literally" in the Lewis Hills don't come till March. it's just as well you pull a white blanket over you eyes anytime before that.

there is still a ton of riding to be done around the hills before March. especially if you like powder. we usually get a shitlaod in Jan and Feb. you kinda need a snorkel! check the pic below!

HO....how many of you guys coming back this year?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
byes, a little word of advice to any who come. smaller groups make for better times. more powder, less shit breaking, etc, etc. large groups turn into clusterfucks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by RONiN@Sep 6 2005, 02:05 PM
byes, a little word of advice to any who come.  smaller groups make for better times.  more powder, less shit breaking, etc, etc.  large groups turn into clusterfucks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=862779
[/quote]
That's not a problem. :div20:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by JUE@Sep 8 2005, 07:58 PM
The Dragon comith. That's all I have to say.

Any month is gonna be good for me, as long as there's snow!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866503
[/quote]

Do you have one of the Limited Edition Dragon sled on the way? My god i can't wait 7 months i need snow NOW :frech32:

·
Registered
520 Posts
7 months????????????? I'll be making the first trip to the cabin either late November or early December, unless we have a really really crappy winter.

Yep, got the limited edition Dragon 600 HO on the way. Walker Evans all around.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by RONiN@Sep 1 2005, 03:46 PM
big dog, didn't read this thread before i wrote you abck.  sounds like you're way ahead of me!

HO is right.  if you wanna ride "literally" in the Lewis Hills don't come till March.  it's just as well you pull a white blanket over you eyes anytime before that.

there is still a ton of riding to be done around the hills before March.  especially if you like powder.  we usually get a shitlaod in Jan and Feb.  you kinda need a snorkel!  check the pic below!

HO....how many of you guys coming back this year?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=857264
[/quote]
Not exactly sure how many will be going over this year Ronin. I know of 6 of us for sure but not sure. I told the boys I am not asking everybody this year, just telling them and they can make there own arrangements. too much of a hasle.
but don't worry, we will be there trying out that new 1000.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There 7 months left till the big Newfoundland trip. I was plaining on makeing a trip over in late January. (Jue) Your 600 dragon is gona be one sharp sled :dance2: (800 H.O.) are you gona keep this 1000 stock LOL

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Originally posted by RONiN@Aug 30 2005, 09:25 AM
Beer?  now you're talking!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853094
[/quote]

Ronin, I'm tryin to get a hardcore group to come up there this winter. Hopefully March. What do you need for registration to ride there? where would you suggest to come into from Canada. We were thinkin a ferry from somewhere in Canada. By the way I have an RMZ 250 too, pretty nice little bike huh?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Originally posted by S pump@Sep 9 2005, 08:47 PM
Ronin, I'm tryin  to get a hardcore group to come up there this winter. Hopefully March. What do you need for registration to ride there? where would you suggest to come into from Canada. We were thinkin a ferry from somewhere in Canada. By the way I have an RMZ 250 too, pretty nice little bike huh?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867830
[/quote]
S pump....not too sure on the registration. honestly, many of us don't bother to register our sleds. my former sled (F5) wasn't registered until i traded it at the local dealer with over 3500 miles on it. you may want to buy a trail pass which is dirt cheap. our season passes sell early bird for $60 CDN and $80 regular season. i do believe that you can pay daily or weekly but i'm really not sure on prices.

if you are coming from the states, you'll want to head up through the Atlantic provinces. you have to get the ferry from North Sydney, in Nova Scotia which is just east of New Brunswick. this is the only ferry that travels during the winter to bring you to the West Coast of Newfoundland (where the best snowmobiling is).

if you want more specifics i'll do whatever i can for you guys. we love to see foreigners and love showing them a good time on the "rock" (what many locals call NL). :div20:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts