Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that there is a style of Lefty Throttle that has a Y adapter, one side goes to the lefty throttle, one side connects to the original right throttle, after disconnecting the original cable. The original cable then connects to the common side of the Y adapter.

I really like this style because you don't have to modify your stock throttle, you can return to original setup easily, and it acts like a cable extension.

Does anybody know about this?

Name?

Where can I get it?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
167 Posts
think what you are looking for is by snowbunge however you spell it. With it you can disconnect it if you would like. It is a nice unit and I like it alot.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bigtoyz@Oct 19 2005, 02:03 PM
think what you are looking for is by snowbunge however you spell it. With it you can disconnect it if you would like. It is a nice unit and I like it alot.

Patrick
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=940685
[/quote]
Thanks

I just finished looking at the Snobunje Throttle Logic left hand throttle. It seems like a nice unit, and the disconnect feature probably makes it much safer and more flexible, especially for people who go days without sidehilling.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the HPE web site Engine Acessories page (about half way down) I found 3 left hand throttle kits. That got me searching even more.

There is one left hand throttle kit, (or DTC Dual Throttle Control) that does not add hardware to the forward part of the stock right hand thumb throttle. I ride with Handlebar gauntlets or muffs most of the time and I am worried about moving parts on the front of the right side handlebar, getting caught/hungup in the handle bar gauntlet. I suppose I could make a shield out of some plastic (like an antifreeze container). This kit, however requires you to disconnect the throttle cable safety switches on a Polaris or Arctic Cat, when using the left throttle. (Skidoo and Yamaha do not have them)

1. Power Madd Left Hand Throttle kit,
Installation Instructions
This kit uses a throttle cable Y adapter which accepts the stock throttle cable and then one end goes left, the other end goes right. The Y adapter also serves as a throttle cable extension. This kit requires you to disconnect the throttle safety kill switches on a Polaris or an Arctic Cat. This kit has a left throttle lockout pin. The left throttle is a finger/thumb type flipper that is mounted straight down in the 6oclock position.

======================

All the other kits add a lever onto the right side thumb throttle, so that the added left side throttle can pull the original right side throttle open. This way they do not have to deactivate the OEM throttle cable safety system. A control cable inside a round housing runs from the left side throttle to this added lever on the right side throttle.

2. Lefty's Dual Throttle Kit.
Details about kit
Closeup of both sides of Lefty's control.
This is the only one that anchors the left and right end of the addon cable. A bracket goes under and around the front side of the OEM right throttle base. The others let it be anchored on the left end only. This unit is all billet, with Stainless Steel Fasteners. It has a slim finger trigger/thumb type left throttle that is mounted pointing straight down (6 oclock position).

3. The Goldfinger Left Hand Throttle from Full Throttle Inc. is nice.
Installation instructions (I know its for Arctic Cat, the Polaris file is damaged. I attached to this post, a good Polaris installation file, courtesy of their sales department, thanks Kerrie)
This kit has a left throttle lockout pin. It has a smooth rounded left throttle lever, almost like a fat trigger on a gun, that is mounted in the 6 oclock position, and made of gold anodized aluminum. The adapter and fasteners are high quality Stainless Steel. It does not require modifications of the OEM right side flipper: no drilling or making holes.

4. from SnoBunje Closeups of Throttle Logic controls and Users Guide
Installation sheet
This kit has a Quik-Release cable disconnect on the linkage to the right throttle, that deactivates the left side throttle. The left side throttle control is almost like a bicycle hand brake. It mounts in the 6 oclock position on a 3 inch or so dropped mount, and the handle is under and parallel to the handlebar grips.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts