Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im in a pickle want a 800 Sno pro but want electric start,so do i buy SP and by the kit, or buy and lxr and change shocks and track ??

·
Registered
347 Posts
To take it one step further, I want the same sled with electric start but I also want Evol X's on the front. I will want the bag too so it may be cheaper to do a track swap as I'll get dinged on the Evol X upgrade anyways.

·
Super Advanced Member
4,084 Posts
Im not sure why you would want electric start. I would want the 1.25" track with the lxr shocks no electric start.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I would just forgo the electric start. You've got a brand new sled and then your already swapping parts. It could cause warranty issues. The EFI will start on the first or second pull anyway. :bc2:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
First of all after owning this F8 I will not go without electric start this time. I to want the sno pro with the es. You can have it added from the factory. My dealer thinks it will be around $200 from cat. Another option would be the Crossfire lxr, that way you get a 1.5 track and electric start.
Lxr comes with 1.352 cobra.. Only son pro comes with 1.5

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
or about the track swap....can that be set up to be done at the factory too ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Out of curiosity, how much weight does the electric start add?
Always pull started, just a little jealous of my buddies who run out and turn the key while I pull. Thinking this 800 might be fairly hard on the arms, especially when it hits -20c or colder.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
So how do we find out if it can be added at the factory for sure ?
or about the track swap....can that be set up to be done at the factory too ?
Both would be dealer installed.:bc:

Out of curiosity, how much weight does the electric start add?
Always pull started, just a little jealous of my buddies who run out and turn the key while I pull. Thinking this 800 might be fairly hard on the arms, especially when it hits -20c or colder.
Not hard to pull over. Electric start adds around 10 lbs.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts