Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just assembling a new green edition crossfire 7 today, i noticed something blatantly wrong, at the front of the running boards there are 2 gaping holes where snow and slush/ice can accumulate in the footwells, on the m series, these are blocked off with belly pan plastic, wonder what's up??????????? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Second update? What was the first one?

And on those holes you are talking about: on mine, they have a flap that lets snow out from on top but not in from the bottom. It's not actually belly plan plastic; it's a separate piece (more flexible material than belly pan plastic). The one you assembled didn't have those little flaps?

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
All of the new production xfires I'v seen didnt have those flaps.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
i looked at them today rusty. out of the four x-fires i looked at
3 had open holes, and 1 had them covered. all were 06's too i
believe......

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My Jan 05 Early Build has the flaps, no couplers in the rear skid, some have them?

seems like Cat could not make up their mind :dunno:

we shall see if there is another notice...

:celebrating: :flush: :flush:

·
Registered
237 Posts
the new x-fires have, secondary clutch guard (which i dont think will do much), new material rubbers for the side panels and new style rear panel mount with cotter pins to hold the side panel, coupler blocks, much larger tunnel cooler, all added since the early release came out. oh well for us early release owners. :dunno: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by dgcat@Aug 30 2005, 08:27 PM
the new x-fires have, secondary clutch guard (which i dont think will do much), new material rubbers for the side panels and new style rear panel mount with cotter pins to hold the side panel, coupler blocks, much larger tunnel cooler, all added since the early release came out. oh well for us early release owners.  :dunno:  :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=854148
[/quote]

I found some others: different ECU, different clutching, and a different engine part number (possibly due to different stator?).

can anyone add anything else to the list?

·
Registered
308 Posts
According to Alpha sports parts they are supposed to come with them, and are called snow deflectors....
check this out.... No. 39

I have a new m-series 700 and a crossfire 600 on the shop floor right now and either one of those has them.... :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
ac cant use them because ski-doo hAS a patent on the flaps

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it'll push through allright!!!!!!!! :smilielol:

·
Registered