Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone stay here before?
Good Place?
So Bars and restaurants are close for after riding drinking etc?
It's been years since I've been to the west side.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Have stayed there several times. Nice place close so everything right on the lake..

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
paper-thin walls........great if you like to listen to water pipes and to your neighbors

we wanted a two-room with a kitchenette, which cosisted of a countertop, microwave and two-berner electric campe stove......haha!!

it was inexpensive however, and right on the lake, well between the lake and the RR tracks that is.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Not expecting much for $50 plus tax for a room.

So are you saying the RR tracks are that close, like dangerous or loud? LOL

Would you suggest any other places to stay in the area instead?

·
Registered
125 Posts
what a dump. they quoted me one price and when I got up there they raised the rate and told me I was mistaken with summer rates. rooms are a pit. check out the westshoreresort.com their on the lake about 5 miles south of the walley dump. great people, Ive been going there for the the last 3 years and going back in the middle of february.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what a dump. they quoted me one price and when I got up there they raised the rate and told me I was mistaken with summer rates. rooms are a pit. check out the westshoreresort.com their on the lake about 5 miles south of the walley dump. great people, Ive been going there for the the last 3 years and going back in the middle of february.[/b]

Those do look nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've stayed there a handful of times. It is old school and rates are on the low side. If you want a romantic room or new facilities, the Walleye is probably not your best choice. Location is good, pretty much on the west 1/4th of the northern shore line. Lots of restaurants, bars, & trail intersections close by. Also very close to a Doo dealer and a Poo dealer.

Owners are super nice. They've left rooms open for me on late night arrivals, had parts waiting for me in my room that were dropped off by a dealer, & helped make room switches for us when we have big groups. They're even accomodating a friend of mine next month who doesn't want to leave a dog at home.

Walls are on the thin side but I've only noticed it in the hotel units upstairs. Either I've had quiet neighbors downstairs or noise is less of an issue down there.

I do like that they have a variety of room sizes & types. If you want to share a bunk house with a big or small group, you can.

FWIW, I've also gotten pretty honest trail reports from them in the past when conditions were questionable.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anyone stay here before?
Good Place?
So Bars and restaurants are close for after riding drinking etc?
It's been years since I've been to the west side.
Thanks[/b]
would,nt stay there for free .

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've stayed there a handful of times. It is old school and rates are on the low side. If you want a romantic room or new facilities, the Walleye is probably not your best choice. Location is good, pretty much on the west 1/4th of the northern shore line. Lots of restaurants, bars, & trail intersections close by. Also very close to a Doo dealer and a Poo dealer.

Owners are super nice. They've left rooms open for me on late night arrivals, had parts waiting for me in my room that were dropped off by a dealer, & helped make room switches for us when we have big groups. They're even accomodating a friend of mine next month who doesn't want to leave a dog at home.

Walls are on the thin side but I've only noticed it in the hotel units upstairs. Either I've had quiet neighbors downstairs or noise is less of an issue down there.

I do like that they have a variety of room sizes & types. If you want to share a bunk house with a big or small group, you can.

FWIW, I've also gotten pretty honest trail reports from them in the past when conditions were questionable.[/b]

Thanks. Sounds like it might work out. I've stayed at Strongs Motel and Tavern and don't mind that. Sounds just like it. It's just a place to lay your head. My buddy and I are more concerned with having a place close by to have a few drinks at the end of a day so as not to have to drink and ride.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

FWIW, I've also gotten pretty honest trail reports from them in the past when conditions were questionable.[/b]

Thanks. Sounds like it might work out. I've stayed at Strongs Motel and Tavern and don't mind that. Sounds just like it. It's just a place to lay your head. My buddy and I are more concerned with having a place close by to have a few drinks at the end of a day so as not to have to drink and ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We stayed over there around the first of Jan. If your looking for a place just to sleep and go its a okay, and cheap. Walls are super thin, I could hear people coughing and talking in the room next to us. Great location though. Would I stay there again? I guess if I had too, But i'd rather pay a little more and have a nice place.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
paper-thin walls........great if you like to listen to water pipes and to your neighbors

we wanted a two-room with a kitchenette, which cosisted of a countertop, microwave and two-berner electric campe stove......haha!!

it was inexpensive however, and right on the lake, well between the lake and the RR tracks that is.[/b]

Im sorry, the RR tracks are actually between the lodge and the shoreline. Like others were saying, it's great if you want a cheap place to sleep, but not really anything more. the owners were very nice, but the rooms were ____ and not very cozy.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Atleast I'll know what to expect if that is ultimately where we stay. Sounds like the location is perfect, just like you said. I'd stay at Scotty's but seems like if I remember right, there is nothing around his place. So once you come back for the night, you're stuck there unless you drive in the truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts